Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: February 07, 2015 11:14PM

Iwas so moved by your post http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1507854,1507854#msg-1507854 that I wrote a response. Then upon hitting "Post" was told the thread was closed. So here it is anyway;

I wish you could understand what you really mean, as a human being to these missionaries, male or female.

Their masters, the mormon cult, have created a rite of passage that all of its young are expected to accomplish before receiving the honor, respect and "priviledges" of true membership.

The two year missionary experience is a gauntlet of emotional and physical deprivation and hardship. This rite of passage can also be defined as the young person's first hunting expidition. Bagging a convert for the cult is the greatest trophy a missionary can achieve. With it come tremendous bragging rights, not only for the missionary, but for the home team as well.

As a human being you mean no more to your missionary than does the first kill of a tribal youngster. The elation they feel at a baptism isn't the joy they feel for you coming to their idea of God. They are buzzing with the endorphine rush one gets dreaming about all the pats on the head and praise THEY hope to gain by having dunked somebody into the font. It's not really about you at all. It's all about the missionary.

All that love bombing, friendly smiles, the excited waves when they see you....all of that is bullcrap. Every last bit of it is just the bait they lay upon the trap they hope to snap over you and ensnare you, your time and your money for life. They will lay you before their master, the Mormon cult, in exchange for the rewards they hope to get in return.

Have I yet mentioned this whole process is never, ever about you, or YOUR needs as a person? YOU are a unique individual who deserves far more respect than what you'll ever get from the "wham, bam, get baptised or you're damned" missionaries.

I hope before you see the Cult, Inc Reps, errr, missionaries again you find time to look up a few missionary blogs to learn what these kids REALLY think of the people they are smiling at as they lure them into the lifetime trap of Mormonism. Their true feelings are contempt for those they see as their lessers. This includes everyone not Mormon, AND Mormons of lesser status. People not born into church, converts, YOU, will ALWAYS be viewed as second class Mormons who should be grateful for those extra callings to demonstrate their worth.

But they seem so sweet. But don't give them what they want and you'd be surprised how fast Saccharine Cindy can morph into Vicious Veronica. For newbies like you they'll hide their true feelings, but know them for a year or so and the mask of phoniness peels off like a wax veneer on a Mohave afternoon.

Hang in there, my Dove. You will find the love and friendship you crave and desperately need, and deserve. I did, and believe me there is no comparision between cult affiliation and friends who genuinely care. Best of wishes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 07, 2015 11:26PM

And, since you have a new thread to peruse here, I want to remind you to look deeply into yourself and correct your preoccupation with people pleasing. As a nevermo, I can tell you it is a quirk in a person’s personality that exists outside of the Mormon issue. It just happens to be something missionaries exploit, among many things. But other things in life will exploit that behaviour in you as well. Please look into your people pleasing tendencies, for the betterment of the rest of your life. You don’t want to be a leaf blowing in the wind all your life. There will be bosses to contend with, and spouses, and friends, and salesmen. Get a book on boundaries, and practice telling all sorts of people ‘no’. I went crazy with ‘no’ when I was learning how to say it … LOL … and then scaled it back to when it was necessary. Seriously, look into this, you won’t regret it. People pleasing ... polite, sure, but bad stuff if you can't control it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.