Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: inqiury ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 06:24AM

Where can I find reliable information about this?I saw this mentioned in a post about Lynn Packer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 07:34AM

Yes, LDS Inc. really did fund the 2002 Olympic bid scandal.
It was one of the key issues that finally forced me to quit the filthy rotten corrupt MORmON church criminal enterprise. LDS Inc has also done a very thorough job of scrubbing any local news paper archives of any mention of their involvement in it.

Big SHot / dumb ass Gordon B.S. Hinckley appeared on Larry King Live on Sep. 8 1998. Bill Clinton was in trouble over fooling around with Monica Lewinski. Double talking opportunistic Hinckley was trying to score some PR points for MORmONISM by talking about how MORmONISM "stands for something" higher when it comes to morality while also refusing to directly condemn Clinton for what Clinton had done. Being a self proclaimed advocate of morality, Hinckley blabbered off quite bit on the subject. Just a few days later, Chris Vanocur and Lynn Packer announced that they had traced 2 million dollars cash that had been given to SLOC that was used to fund bribes. The money came from LDS INC. Other bribes to IOC officials included Scholarships to BYU for children of IOC members. LDS Inc could not deny it, LDS Inc called a press conference to try to smooth things over. Big Mouth MORal advocate Gordon Hinckley was not around to be seen while he holed up in his ivory tower living quarters. Down below official LDS Inc spokesman Dan Le Fevre was sent out to deal with the press. LeFevre told reporters that the 2 million dollars came from LDS Inc. business funds, Not from offering money, so there was nothing to be concerned about. If you have any doubt about it, then write to Vanocur or Packer and ask them. They will tell you.

The Feds spent 11.5 $ million to prepare a criminal case on the matter. CORRUPT Local MORmON Federal Judge David dismissed the case. THe Federal prosecutors believed in their case enough to appeal. The Denver Federal appeals court sent the case back to Utah, to MORmON Judge Sam , who simply just dismissed it, again.

Try researching the City weekly archives.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 12:37PM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Down below official LDS Inc
> spokesman Dan Le Fevre was sent out to deal with
> the press.

It's Don LeFevre, not Dan.
I'm related to him :(

Date: February 20, 2015 05:36AM

you are correct, of course, thanks for the correction.

I was thinking "Don" but somehow I typed "Dan" ......but at least I did NOT pay millions and then say "Jesus Smith" when I got on the big time Olympic stage to promote my corporation ... er uh church.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 09:05AM

Lying, cheating, criminality for the Lord has been going on since the beginning.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 12:42PM

Practically speaking, Mitt did not "save the Olympics" as he constantly claimed during the campaign. He saved the brethren's asses who were deeply involved in illegal kickbacks to Olympic officials to secure the games for Utah.

Date: February 20, 2015 05:30AM

Templar Wrote:
> Practically speaking, Mitts did not "save the
> Olympics" as he constantly claimed during the
> campaign. He saved the brethren's asses who were
> deeply involved in illegal kickbacks to Olympic
> officials to secure the games for Utah.

You are correct, The 2002 Olympics were saved by the same people who brought them to Utah, namely Gordon BS Hinckley and his LDS Inc cohorts, NOT by stupid sock puppet Mitt Rmoney. The Utah games never got any where with the IOC as long as the Utah Ski industry was primarily pursuing them. As soon as LDS inc got into the mix, Then things started to happen!

The Utah games were always short on funding. LD$ Inc just kept pumping in the money as needed to keep the deal rolling. When it was clear that the up coming Oly games were still way short of enough funds to get the job done, The IOC asked SLOC if they were going to be able to put on the games or not. The big problem was that there was no allowance for the huge expense of paying for the staff for the games. It was a huge short fall / funding gap. Hinckley and his LD$ Inc first pres buddies simply sent a letter out to every MORmON ward on the Wasatch front asking for MORmON members to staff the Oly games as volunteers.
That problem was instantly solved. The games were saved at that moment. What a load of LDS Inc BS PR spin to have Rmoney claim that Rmoney had saved the games.

see the 6th paragraph of the article

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/mitt-smitten/Content?oid=2157642

and for all the money that LD$ Inc spent and all the corruption that they indulged in to get the 2002 Oly games, when Hinckley finally got his golden OLympic PR moment on national network TV this is how the self promoted MORmON PR genius fell on his ass while performing on the big time Olympic stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wALvdgurB4

Hinckley's EPIC blunder at this critical moment is so fitting that its almost enough to make me think that there really is a god

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: February 21, 2015 03:53AM

Man, you love that clip! So do I!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 21, 2015 10:00AM

smirkorama Wrote:
> Templar Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

>
> and for all the money that LD$ Inc spent and all
> the corruption that they indulged in to get the
> 2002 Oly games, when Hinckley finally got his
> golden OLympic PR moment on national network TV
> this is how the self promoted MORmON PR genius
> fell on his ass while performing on the big time
> Olympic stage:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wALvdgurB4
>
> Hinckley's EPIC blunder at this critical moment is
> so fitting that its almost enough to make me think
> that there really is a god

I was pretty TBM early 2000s and didn't watch too much TV. So I missed this blunder and anything related to Olympics. I didn't watch too many sports anyway. I had a nice laugh today. Thanks!

Jesus Smith!!! I guess he blames it on old age (late 80s or early 90s for Hinckly at time of the interview) I suppose God would have stregnthed his mind for such an interview.

Posted by: Ether ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 01:07PM

For what it's worth...

In 2009, I was visiting my niece who lives in Vancouver, BC, and met a man who was helping the city deal with their financial woes with their up comming Winter Olympics. The city was completely out of money. I asked him if he worked on the Salt Lake City Olympics and he said yes. So, I questioned how they afforded their Olympics and he said, "Oh, every time more money was needed, the Mormom Church pulled out their check books and said 'How much?'. We loved the Mormom Church!"

There you go...

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 01:29PM

Considering that is still 17,987 years into the future, no one knows.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 07:28PM

hangar18 Wrote:
> Considering that is still 17,987 years into the
> future, no one knows.

Nice catch!
But hey, it's a "prophecy..." :)

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 09:23AM

Hinckley was absolutely determined to get the Olympics. they wanted it for a combination of publicity for the church itself and to be able to get as many visitors as possible to check out the then (new) Conference Center, as it had recently been built so as to score new contracts for future conventions there.

I forget exactly who but some of the Hinckley clan ran the center, as their own business/full-time jobs and he was determined to help them out. Not sure if they are still in charge or not or have kicked the bucket.

Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 09:59AM

Take one penny and with the power of compound interest...it might be paid for 8^)

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 04:30AM

Less than 3 weeks according to the reckoning of Kolob.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 10:20AM

Lol

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 09:37AM

Just curious, has there EVER been an Olympics without some sort of bribery from someone? I mean, I guess I'm just wondering if the furor is due to the fact that there WAS bribery, or that the LDS church backed it. If it did indeed come purely from the businesses owned by the church, I guess that's a little less frustrating?

Funny, the whole story sounds like "making" a prophecy come true! Like the bible story about Rebekah putting the goatskin on Jacob so Isaac would think it was Esau and give HIM the blessing. I never understood why, if Esau receiving the blessing was prophecied, his mother needed to force the issue.
In the Olympic game context, I heard over and over that it was a fulfillment of prophecy that "all nations would flow unto Zion." Guess there are ways to make a prophecy come true :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 09:42AM by alyssum.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 09:48AM

... and working with mayor Deedee Coridinee in schmoozing the OIC I lost all interest in "olympic sports" -- the OIC is more vile than the 15 at the top of TSCC.

When OIC comes to town they demanded (and received) an exclusive stretch limo -- FOR EACH OIC member. When OIC was in town the City County Building block was surrounded by stretch limos. That was the least of the perks OIC demanded of each city -- and this was long before SLC was actually picked.

Sick. The Olympics suck and I'm glad I moved out of SLC before it arrived. Ohio proved to be much better for my soul.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 10:18AM

The IOC is well known for corruption. It has earned the disgust of the elite level athletes and their supporters over a long period of time. This is why so few cities are bidding for the Olympics any more. The IOC has simply made too many financial demands that put too heavy a burden on the bidding and sponsoring cities.

Due to many cities dropping out of the bidding process,the IOC has been forced into a position of finally accommodating those cities that do bid *to a degree*, but it would be foolish to think that the corruption has gone away entirely. This is why cities are most often forced into deep debt after the Olympics (Montreal just paid off its Olympic debt from 1976 not too long ago.) It is why they are often stuck with so many expensive, unusable buildings (Beijing and Sochi to name a couple.)

After some great, solid prospects dropped out of bidding (Stockholm and Oslo among them,) the 2022 winter bid is down to two totalitarian regimes who are prepared to write very big checks: Beijing and Almaty, Kazakhstan. You would think this would give the IOC a clue, but evidently not.

In 1984, Los Angeles was able to use existing buildings for its games and thus turn a profit. Why? It was the only city putting in a bid that year, and thus the organizers were able to dictate terms to the IOC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 10:23AM by summer.

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: February 21, 2015 12:15AM

I believe Stade olympique de Montréal is still being paid for.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 21, 2015 08:39AM

Yes. The original re-started Olympics in the town of Much Wenlock, Shropshire. And maybe up to 1948 but then? Who knows?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.