Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tiredofhiding ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:18PM

What is the policy on this forum when you notice a poster says something ... and you put two and two together ... and you realize you both were in the same ward at one point ... maybe not the exact same time ... but the same ward? Do we just do the silent nod as we see each other post and keep on moving along or ??? It would be kind of nice to reach out and say "I'm here! I survived too!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:27PM

Call out to them here through their login name, and offer to get in touch in a personal email. Susan can connect you up privately by email behind the scenes if you both want that. If not, the other person isn't really outed by you just calling out their screen name. Give it a whirl, what have you got to loose. The worst they can say is no thanks, not interested.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:45PM

First, you have to be tired of hiding. Then.... oh, wait. Yep you're good. Go ahead and reach out to them :)

Posted by: godtoldmetorun ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:47PM

You can be a little subtle about it, too...lay out a little bait, and see if they bite.

For example, "Hey, any Chicago exmos out there?" or "Where is everybody from?"

I had a suspicion that I knew somebody once. I did exactly that, to see if they would bite. They didn't, and from their later posts, I realized they weren't....

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:51PM

Use the special handshake. the sure sign of the apostate :P

Date: March 02, 2015 09:53PM

I manifest my special handshake with the upward extension of my middle finger...

wait, that's only for asshole TBMs.

Everybody else, it's just a hearty Maine hello...

(See, my friend...THIS is how you drop breadcrumbs...)

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:56PM

Oooh! Ooh! I know!

You're from the Black Forest!

Date: March 02, 2015 10:42PM

Wrong continent, my friend. I'm a Black Bear, from a very green forest...but now I'm a long way from home, and I've traded my trees of pine for ones made of brick, concrete and steel...

But this, too, is Bear Country. But the Bears here throw around a piece of pigskin next to a giant lake...

Sometimes I miss the smells of pine and ocean air, drinking Moxie, and a Bear named Bananas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 10:43PM by godtoldmetorun.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 10:59PM

Breadcrumbs=Hansel & Gretel = Black Forest...heh

I make small joke.

(To show my IQ is greater than the average ward attendance...you probably knew The Bushes and Leon Bean before you moved to a windy burg with a Navy Pier and a backward flowing river that turns green once a year)

Date: March 02, 2015 11:47PM

I got your joke!

And your IQ has proven to be probably higher than both the North Shore and Hyde Park YSA and mid-singles ward attendances combined...

I have a true and horrendous story about my mom chasing a motorcade containing George Bush, Sr. and Barbara through Kennebunkport, so we could get autographs.

From that anything-but-spiritual experience, I have a solid testimony that Barbara Bush is pure evil. I still have nightmares about her.

I haven't met Mr. Bean of the two Ls, but I have sold Girl Scout cookies to a certain Stephen King. He lives in my hometown, and my brother and I auditioned for Pet Sematary...we were the exact age of Ellie and Gage Creed at the time. They didn't want me at all, but my brother made the final cut to be Gage...they gave the part to a kid whose first name was Meeko....

And if there's anybody who knows me out there who hasn't picked up these breadcrumbs yet, they're either not hungry, or their IQ is lower than ward attendance in Bangor, Maine. Or they fear a Black Bear who has the power to turn into a Husky.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 11:52PM by godtoldmetorun.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 02, 2015 09:58PM

Behold

It shall come to pass that whosoever grasps the left earlobe with the right hand or the right earlobe with the left hand, shall be known as a fellow finder of truth.

It behooveth me that thou shall not grasp the right earlobe with the right hand, nor the left earlobe with the left hand.

Verily shall it be thus and forever until I change my mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.