Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Searcher ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 07:44PM

Discuss it amongst yourselves... (in my best Linda Richman voice).

I will start it off.

There's an almost seamless blending of gossip, rumors, speculation and even a few facts into a grandiose "plan"
that changes every week in content, and a lack of credible evidence or reliable eyewitness testimony means nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 08:10PM

Mormon Theology In Modern Science Fiction Terms:

Aeons ago, a once mortal alien being named "Elohim" who ascended/evolved to a non-corporeal state with godlike powers who lives on the planet Kolob is given dominion over the earth (who knows -- perhaps the Q Continuum?). After fathering untold myriads of non-corporeal offspring with his harem of non-corporeal sister wives, he decides to populate the Earth with his offspring (to give him something to play with like Trelane from Star Trek most likely) but in mortal bodies without any memory of their previous existence.

Don't know about you but this nonsense sounds a lot like a plot from "Star Trek," "Stargate," "Chariots Of The Gods," etc.

Posted by: Searcher ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 09:43PM

Sounds like you're trying to pitch a movie project! :-)

Date: March 06, 2015 11:17PM

And LD$, Inc. can't sue me because they have recently denied all of it ;0)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 11:22PM by anybody.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 10:49PM

Watching Homer Simpson just now and when someone called him a moron, Homer responded thusly:

"I'm no Mormon, I'm from this planet."

Groening, Parker and Stone have a much better grasp of Moism than Georgio Tsuckaloose and the AA crew.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2015 10:51PM by Shummy.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: March 06, 2015 11:24PM

...because like the TV show, Gospel Doctrine class is 45 minutes of talk and speculation and not a shred of actual evidence which proves anything.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 07, 2015 12:22AM

Ancient aliens proposes that humans are neither intelligent, creative or inventive.

Aliens are inspiration or teachers for every thing from farming, medicine, architecture and writing to religion.

In gospel doctrine they assume you are not intelligent, capable of independent thought nor creative enough to comprehend anything but the simplest spoonfed watered down doctrine.

Date: March 07, 2015 02:42AM

-- as in "Chariots of the Gods" and also "View Of The Hebrews," Spalding's lost manuscript, and "The Book of Mormon."

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: March 07, 2015 05:39PM

Oh the best and latest example of this I think is the essay "Translation & Historicity of the Book of Abraham". They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY reached for some "possible" explanations on why the papyrus doesn't match the scriptures.

https://www.lds.org/topics/translation-and-historicity-of-the-book-of-abraham?lang=eng

This is just as misleading, bizarre, misguided as the movie "JFK" or any of the Chariot of the Gods books/movies. Another great example are the ridiculous "Book of Mormon" archeology videos/seminars. These are just rich!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.