Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:33AM

Is it normal for a couple to be called as a temple worker for something like six months and to a temple 1500 miles away? I have relatives who have been called to work at the Nauvoo for the tourist season and I just wondered why there are no couples available there so that they had to call a couple from Utah. I've had relatives who have been called to work in the temple for the district they lived in so I am curious about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:36AM

That does seem odd. We are in the St Louis Temple region and no one in our stake has ever been called to work at another temple. Nauvoo and the Chicago temple are approx 5 hrs away, Louisville is 4 hrs away, Memphis is 3.5 hours away, Indy will be 4 hours away.

Is this couple "called" to work in the temple presidency? Mrs Truthseeker's grandfather was called from SLC to work as a temple pre in AZ.

Posted by: lump ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:37AM

Seniors are often called on missions for 6, 12, 18, or 23 months. One of the options is for working at temples. One of my neighbors (and wife) spent 18 months at the Atlanta temple.

As for Nauvoo, I don't think they have a large local membership to draw temple workers from. I would not be surprised that they call seniors to work in the temple there.

Posted by: Julia ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:41AM

They were called for a 6 months mission last year, and then asked to stay for another year...so will be 18 months all together.

I GET to go visit them there with the rest of my family this summer....ooohhh can't wait to go on a special family pilgramage to worship Joe? I will be asking lots of inappropriate questions along the way...

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:48AM

Be sure to stay in one of the overly priced TBM inns near the hotel that boast temple views.

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 10:56AM

And don't forget to get your horseshoe nail ring and gingerbread cookie!

Posted by: tony ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 11:01AM

Hello Truthseeker...This is OT but I wonder if you mind saying where you live in the St. Louis region? I was born and raised in the area, was converted in the O'Fallon, IL stake and lived in that area until my job started moving me around. Just curious!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.