Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dino ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 12:18PM

A friend of mine who is very religious, but not mormon, has been "casually" bringing up religion ever since I informed her that I'm an atheist. Her last discussion was along the lines of how much she loves Jesus, and how much better her life is with him (already asked if she'd tried life without him, answer was no) and how she can't wait to be in heaven for eternity with Jesus and be in his presence and feel his love all the time. Because I'm an atheist, I'll have to tell him to his face that I reject him, then I'll go to hell.

My response to her basking in the glory of Jesus wishful thinking was "why do you care? If I'm wrong I'll be in hell, it's more Jesus time for you because it won't be shared with me, isn't that what you want?"

"But Jesus isn't finite like that, his love is without end!" was her response. My response, "How can something that doesn't exist be infinite or finite?"

"Well, its your soul, you can go where you want, I know where I'm going."

I grow weary of all the people concerned for my soul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 12:21PM

Well even in her belief "his love is without end," so people who love me would thrust me to hell? Not the type of person I'd want loving me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.