Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 03:55PM

Oaks gave missionaries in Canada this advise recently.

"The one experience that I really enjoyed this week was meeting Elder Dallin H Oaks. He is a great man of God and is so intellectual. His talks are organized in such a cool fashion and reflects his career choices in life. He is a convert to the church and was baptized when he was in College. He flight was delayed in coming to met with us so our meeting was a little rushed with him but it was great as he bore a strong powerful witness of Christ. He truly is a appoint servant of God. I am so grateful for the blessing of having Apostles and Prophets on the Earth to lead and guide us. The teaching that stuck with me was that he mentioned how we must developed Righteous routines and Holy habits. This will allow us all to progress and grow. It will protect us on our journey through this life. It was a very Spiritual experience for myself and a great call to change."
http://eldersopal.blogspot.com/2015/01/transfer-12-week-3-multiculturalism-and.html

Jesus wasn't into "Righteous routines and Holy habits" at all. That was the Pharisees way to be.

"I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
http://biblehub.com/luke/5-32.htm

Even vile sinners could have "spiritual experiences" which "called" them to change and the experience(s) helped them to want to cultivate holiness not "Holy habits."

This guy is Satan's apostle more than an apostle of Jesus Christ called as a special witness.

Saul/Paul may have been a lot of things, but at least he represents a better model to becoming a special witness of Jesus Christ than Dallin H. Oaks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 03:57PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 04:05PM

speaking of what they are actually more like than actual apostles, they get called MORmON ASSpostHOLES for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BcmeeK1l8

Date: March 30, 2015 05:49PM

Yes, the way people feel around these people is more important than what they are being taught. Examining what is taught shows that people like this young man are being told to suck up cult-think garbage like this...

"The teaching that stuck with me was that he mentioned how we must developed Righteous routines and Holy habits. This will allow us all to progress and grow."

How exactly is going about doing the same things over and over and over again going to allow you to "progress and grow?" The definition of stupid is how many times you can repeat the same thing and expecting different results at each iteration.

I read The Book of Mormon a lot and got the same lack of improvement in my understanding of human existence. The Bible in Proverbs alone has more to stimulate thinking.

No spiritually great experiences are going to happen. They best one can hope for is the same thing in Moroni 3:10 over and over and over and over again. Feel a little burning then start at "I Nephi,..." and do it all again until you get to the promise and have the promised little still small gut burn and then do it all over again...and again...and again...

Then go to the temple and feel it again and again and again and again.

How exactly are you growing and progressing? You are getting older but not wiser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 05:49PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:08PM

An old management question... "Does the applicant have 15 years of experience, or one year of experience 15 times?"

That describes a lot of mormons I know.

Intelligence has been replaced with obedience in mormon culture.

Date: March 30, 2015 06:19PM

So true. Repeating the same thing doesn't always mean it is giving them experience.

"God said to Joseph: ‘If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; perils among robbers; perils by land and sea; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the billowing surge conspire against thee, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good.’

“There is the reason. It is for our development, our purification, our growth, our education and advancement, that we buffet the fierce waves of sorrow and misfortune; and we shall be all the stronger and better when we have swum the flood and stand upon the farther shore.” (Improvement Era, Nov. 1918, pp. 5–6.)"
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-student-manual/sections-122-131/section-122-all-these-things-shall-give-thee-experience?lang=eng

But not now because Mormons are Christian and just one of many American denominations...

Just be righteous and holy in repeating the same things over and over and over again and through blind repetitions like the ones in the temple you will make yourselves a holy people unto God. Keep paying, praying, and obeying and we leaders will grease the skids for you to do this even if it means lobbying for laws that allow us to discriminate against "unholy" people.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:34PM

Robert L. Bachman came to our mission as the visiting general authority. He was really pushing the MORmON Olympic effort at the time. Bachman gave us a pep talk based on the Olympic creed. I could not make it square up with the sermon on the mount. I thought " that guy is really creepy..... just like the protestant preacher in the MORmON temple ceremony !!!! "

Date: March 30, 2015 06:38PM

Check out what happened to this "brother."

http://in200wordsorless.blogspot.com/2014/11/exiled-into-egypt.html

If this is calling people to repentance it sure looks more like legalistic Scientology tactics than "The Church of Jesus Christ."

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 04:16PM

He was born in Provo and both of his parents were BYU graduates.

Date: March 30, 2015 05:52PM

"The teaching that stuck with me was that he mentioned how we must developed Righteous routines and Holy habits. This will allow us all to progress and grow."

This is not "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Because Missionaries can't be sinners or they get sent home.

Date: March 30, 2015 05:55PM

Mormonism is confusing Disneyland with Zion and Mickey Mouse with Jesus.

Just keep riding and paying cash for blessings and you will be a spiritual giant by the end of your life and you will work for free in the enchanted castle where Mormon princesses go to get married.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 06:19PM

rewards of Mormonism:

'higher' callings, recognition from those U care notice what you're doing, who U are.

IF your fam/friends / neighbors are TBM & you get that promotion, you're said to be 'On the Right Track', no matter how U got there.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:30PM

The missionary needs to be careful about saying Oaks is so intellectual; intellectualizing the Gospel is a major sin in TSCC's eyes. Next thing you know he'll call Dallin a liberal! The Boner.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:31AM

"Holy Habits, Batman!"

Date: March 31, 2015 12:22PM

"Righteous Routines, Robin!"

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 03:08AM

IDK that Hoax / any of the GAs 'have time' to care about a)individual people / members, b) the effects that church policies/decisions/actions adversely bring on them & their families.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:13PM

Why does Dallin remind me of Dick Cheney?

Date: March 31, 2015 12:22PM

Cause he is a dick?

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:18PM

I thought he was a witness to the NAME of Christ?

Date: March 31, 2015 12:21PM

AAaaaah, that clears it up. He is doing devilish things in the name of Jesus. Crystal clear.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.