Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: santiago2015 ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:00PM

In January of 2014 my world changed forever when I realized that the Mormon church is a fraud. Over the next two months I kept silent not wanting to upset my TBM wife. Finally in March I expressed to her that I had doubts about the church. As you can expect it didn't go well. She didn't think our marriage could work because her love for me was based off of me being a worthy priesthood holder. I was blown away by that revelation. My love for her was always based off of who she was as a person not because she was a member of an organization. I didn't want to lose my wife and children to the church so I decided to tell her I would try. Even though I knew there wasn't a chance in hell I could believe again. Time was my only hope. Over the next year my wife and I had brief conversations about my doubts. I never was to aggressive because I knew she wasn't ready to hear it. Last week the opportunity presented itself to tell her I no longer believed any of the truth claims about the church. Waiting a year was the best thing I could have done. Although she was still upset she wasn't hostile towards me this time. The year gave her the opportunity to realize she loved me for who I am and not for what organization I belong to. This is still a work in process. I am still attending meetings but I no longer hold a calling or give my money to an organization that has proven over and over again they don't deserve a single cent of donations. I finally am starting to feel the peace I have been looking for because I am one step closer to cutting ties with the church. It will be a long process but worth it

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:07PM

Congrats man! I know how you feel, and hope things work out for you.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:11PM

props and congrats to you for being patient and playing your hand well

best wishes for you and your wife’s journey out of Mo-ism

ziller

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:26PM

I'm wishing you well and hoping you and your wife can leave together.

Posted by: santiago2015 ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 06:19PM

That's the goal. She has the type of personality that she will want to prove me wrong. I hope that is the case and she ends up stumbling on the item that will make her want to leave.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:46PM

It's really tragic that an organization that runs all over the earth proclaiming it's all about the family actually tears families apart. What a disconnect!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 06:30PM

Good luck. I hope this is a successful work in progress.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 06:44PM

Good for you, Santiago. I hope that everything continues to go well.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 06:49PM

It's the turtle approach that seems to work! Hubby never did come around to any real ability to see things from my point of view but we were retired, moved and in our retirement area then his health went down hill. We kept our relationship with us and our children together because we 'agreed to disagree' and that worked.
You have been very wise to give your DW time to adjust to your different ideas. Sounds like you have very good chance of success keeping your family together.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.