Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: April 23, 2015 11:40AM

This is so amazing! Such a miricale.

They mock the BoM, but the lord has provided away to show the truth.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865627041/Utah-woman-produces-her-own-Book-of-Mormon-musical.html

This is just crazy. And I am so not surprised by this. Here are some of my favorite parts of the article on this news worthy story.

In late July and early August, Salt Lake City will be home to two musical theater productions based on the Book of Mormon — one a Tony Award-winning Broadway hit, and one a humble offering from a self-taught composer seeking "to represent the Book of Mormon accurately and in an inspired way.”

“‘The Book of Mormon’ is coming with a golden wallet, but I have Heavenly Father on my side,” she said. “I know I could get ridiculed for saying that, but I’m not ashamed that God is someone I believe in.”

And of course you can't have a mormon story with out magical conversion stories.

"Allred gave some examples of lives that have been touched from past productions of the musical, such as a young man who decided to go on a full-time church mission after seeing a performance and a theater manager who asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon after hearing rehearsals for a week."

Hey any of you in Utah want to be in a musical?

Auditions for “Nephi and the Sword of Laban” will take place at the end of June with one for actors and vocalists and another for dancers. The show will have a double cast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 23, 2015 12:54PM

Double cast, eh? So, considering what happens to Laban, they'll only be doing 2 performances?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 23, 2015 03:47PM

Oh, that's funny.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.