Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus NLI ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 11:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bhd6 ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 11:36AM

I have the day off work, and my aunt and uncle are in town. I'm getting the house nice and tidied because they're the only family other than my grandma (on the other side) that anyone cares for. They're mormon like everyone else, but they don't have the sense of entitlement or holier-than-thou attitude. They don't get caught up in all the silly rules and are just warm, loving people. If they aren't closeted exmos, then I'd say they are just extremely relaxed mormons.

Posted by: kj ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 11:41AM

He's in town............for a non mormon wedding.

Some of my other friends are going too.....never mormons.
(one is Christian but more liberal/world traveler)

So it should be fun.

Happy
Resigned mormon me
KJ/AnonyMs

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 11:49AM

Coffee

Breakfast at a favourite Nook

Shopping

The Trotters (Horse racing is back up and running in my area for the first time in about ten years. I missed yesterday's inauguration at Century Downs)

Supper and early to bed

Human

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 12:03PM

Cooking up some local bacon. It's not as salty and smoky as commercial bacon and makes some great BLATs. Get some chores done, homework, and grill steak from the same local ranch. :)

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 12:04PM

I'll be sitting in a MLB park watching a game. And catching the hockey scores. Drinking a beer or two, food to be determined. That's just like attending a three-hour mormon block, isn't it?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 12:09PM

My days are very much the same now. They all run together. I'm the care taker for my son's cat. She keeps me on schedule for meals! Gets me up in the morning! Her antics keep me laughing.

Today I am enjoying the blue skies and sunshine. It's been very overcast and we had a few sprinkles. I'm in Santa Barbara County and we need more rain and snow in the mountains but it's been four years of drought instead.

When I left the LDS Church I removed a huge weight off my shoulders. No more "callings", meetings, preparation, making my life fit into all their rules (dozens of them) and checking the boxes with the leaders in some kind of race to the imaginary Celestial Kingdom.

Now I'm totally in charge of my life. I drink coffee the way I like it, made myself. Use my money for me and my family, not some huge church. Buy and wear clothes that I am comfortable wearing. Eat and read what I enjoy.
The notion of an imaginary deity or savior making a list and checking it twice is silly and not rational.

I was happy, pretty much, as an LDS woman. Now, I'm living an expanded, all inclusive, fearless happiness.
The music sung by Bobbie McFerrin -- "Don't Worry, Be Happy: -- runs in my mind today!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 12:09PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 12:10PM

Waiting for my b/f to finish making my breakfast.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 02:55PM

Holy crap (holy cramp!) woman, don't you ever cook?

Date: April 26, 2015 08:09PM

No I have a boy friend to do that for me, why should I?

Date: April 26, 2015 08:11PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 08:11PM by saucie.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 12:16PM

I am sitting on the couch enjoying a cup of ice coffee and doing some family history stuff. My aunt left yesterday, so I finally got my bedroom back and had a nice nights sleep last night.

This afternoon, I have to work for a few hours and after work I am going to enjoy some left overs and play on my computer.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 01:38PM

Coffee, reading the Sunday paper and still in pajamas. It's warmer than yesterday, so when I do get showered and dressed, I can wear something sleeveless if I want. I'm also going to get some shopping done as that's what I often do on Sundays.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 02:01PM

Went to the Anglican church and enjoyed it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 02:01PM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 02:10PM

Now I'm extremely relaxed.

I think it's time for another cup of coffee.

And later today, my husband and I are going to see Ex Machina. It looks like it will be pretty intense.

Oh yeah, and Game of Thrones tonight.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 03:17PM

Sacrificing babies to Satan like the rest of you apostates!

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 03:37PM

Worked for 3 hours, now I'm watching the Wild game

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 03:54PM

Went for TWO nice walks outside. Beautiful day!

Now I'm sitting reading and writing with all of you.

But our cherry tree just BURST into blossom outside my window here, and the room has a pink glow to it right now.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 04:04PM

Late night event (work) last night. So I slept in this morning.
Freshly-brewed coffee and home-made cinnamon rolls (mine are locally famous) for breakfast.
Editing and posting photos/videos from last night's event now.
In a couple of hours, I'm accompanying a college student to a local wetlands to help/tutor on her first "field work" project for her marine biology class.
Then dinner with family.

Typical sunday :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 05:48PM

I want homemade ciminrolls

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 05:59PM

GoT, S5 E3!!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 26, 2015 08:59PM

Wife and I went for a walk, sunbathed and read in the garden, then went for another walk.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:09AM

Just got home from a 300 mile drive, but I spent my Sunday watching my 13 year old granddaughter perform with her Ukrainian Dance troupe. She was spectacular. Beats the hell out of going to any church on the planet!...oh, and last night my son and I drank some excellent Kentucky bourbon barrel aged beer and watched Calgary knock of Vancouver in the first round of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. A superb weekend all around!

Ron Burr

Posted by: sherriebaby49 ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 09:41AM

We flew home from a wonderful trip to Hawaii :)

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: April 27, 2015 12:59PM

Slept in a little! Had coffee!

Worked, as always.

Took my son to the movies. I used to always wish I could go to the Sunday matinee and now I can.

Then the kids and I went downtown Portland and spent some time in the outdoors, strolled along the waterfront Tom McCall Waterfront Park https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/finder/index.cfm?&propertyid=156&action=viewpark, enjoying the rain, river and scenery, and watching some dragon boats.

I so love Sunday's now!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.