Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 08:57PM

In the thread on out of body (OBE) experiences remote viewing was mentioned inappropriately as an OBE even though the name is really a misnomer. (note: this has nothing to do with God, after life or spirit. It has to do with the brain (subconscious) and energy).

Below I show the snippets of a news station test (not scientific) of an RV technician showing RV procedures and results. The clip is around 4 minutes but took the RV tech 45 minutes to accomplish. Also, more information would be sought in additional iterations of the first 45 minutes. Enjoy!

I was not that familiar with the differences so I took a 5 part training (1hr) on RV to better understand it.

RV definitely does not involve OBEs. It is totally using your subconscious brain to derive past, present and future information. In fact, this is actually the 'politically and government accepted' term for 'psychics' based on my study and many psychic experiences ----- just specific procedures and the need for the government to get away from the "woo Woo" term of psychics. I thought I was studying psychics but this instructor just used different terms and a different vocabulary. (My opinion)

To give you a little background the RV tech does not have any clue of the "target" or what happened or the cause. The TV station provided her 2 random numbers which she used to get 'any' information she could about the 'target' the TV station identified but kept secret.

Theory: All past, present and future actions leave an energy trace that is available forever. People using their subconscious can tie in to the energy they desire and get information from that from anywhere.

My testimony because I can't prove it, is it works sometimes and I have done it a large number of times using 'psychic' techniques. However, I learned some good technique ideas from the training that I fully intend on using in the future.

Some may know a major RV contract was stopped by the US Govt. around 2000. However, based on friends with information (?) they knew of other psychic work at Hill AFB, Utah which had nothing to do with RV work but other psychic, mediumship, psi, mind over matter, and mind control/reading techniques. I doubt the US Govt. dropped this research completely but don't have any documented support for that other than friend above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXUmhm0P2Z0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 09:01PM by spiritist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 09, 2015 12:54AM

Follow-up to post ------ FYI:

Said I took a 1hr class on RV techniques.

Attempted to ID what would be on local news tonight based on RV techniques (took 20 min not 45 to multiple hours as RV people may do to get precise info.) versus my psychic techniques (took 5 min).

I Got 6 items right ("general" issues or "pics" of things shown) using RV techniques ---- unfortunately I didn't include 1 step. After I doodle/scribble on a page and ID items drawn (listed about 15). I was then suppose to eliminate/clarify some versus keep all ----- I didn't eliminate or clarify any based on 'gut feel'. Also, I noticed my doodling (after the fact) did show some news items/pics I just didn't interpret/clarify correctly (mountains vs steps). Using my psychic technique I got 2 items of the 3 I listed correct.

Obviously, there were a lot more items on the news that I didn't see using either of these methods. (To be Fair).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 12:56AM by spiritist.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 11, 2015 11:20AM

spiritist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Attempted to ID what would be on local news
> tonight based on RV techniques (took 20 min not 45
> to multiple hours as RV people may do to get
> precise info.) versus my psychic techniques (took
> 5 min).
>
> I Got 6 items right ("general" issues or "pics" of
> things shown) using RV techniques ----

Local TV news uses the exact same "formula" every single day. Weather, traffic, local "disasters," local feel-good interest stories, political news.

Having seen local news broadcasts, even without paying any attention whatsoever, *anybody* could get numerous "hits" by just repeating the formula. Without any "psychic" or "RV" anything.

I'll repeat your experiment right now, and "return and report" tonight. Here's what I predict, without any "RV" or "psychic" preparation, will be on my local 6PM news tonight:
-- there will be a story about terrorism, involving guns
-- there will be a story about a car crashing into parked cars, probably involving a drunk driver
-- the weather forecast will be for night and morning low clouds, warming during the day
-- traffic will be generally smooth, but there will be 2 major slow-downs due to accidents
-- a local politician will be accused of malfeasance
-- there will be a human-interest story involving a dog or cat

I'll watch my 6PM news, and report how well I did by editing this later. I'd bet real money I get a high number of "hits."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:02AM

there you go again

Date: May 09, 2015 05:23PM

You are right! I am bearing a testimony/relating my experience with RV after a 1 hr. training course and a 20 min. attempt where I didn't successfully follow all the steps anyway. I will definitely practice more and include all the steps in the future.

I guess I am naturally inquisitive to 'try' things that seem 'amazing to me' but not harmful. I will admit the RV tech experiment did amaze me ----- I have never seen any psychic had to guess at what event to try to get information about.

Like I said above, after going thorough the 1 hr. course it became obvious it was 'psychics' with a specific procedure and different terminology. The training guy made a statement they even developed the procedures attempting to mimic some 'natural psychics' techniques.

They were mainly talking about the doodling/random drawing. I have noticed 1 psychic medium (Long Island) that uses this technique others apparently do it with their hands w/o pencil and paper. The theory here is this energy comes to the subconscious and pushed out in 'feelings' (know many exmos don't like that idea but that's what my instructor said).

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:12AM

"RV (remote view) technician."

One of these thing is not like the other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 09:22AM by donbagley.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:58PM

Oh boy, I'm really can make a mess... I read: RV as Recreational Vehicle in my head. About the 3rd time, I realized it was remote viewing! ..... laughing at myself!

I've always been very interested in any kind of mind to mind exchange of information. As humans, we have our "gut" instincts, intuition, dreams, etc. that give us information that sometimes is very important. Some folks have finely tuned these skills.

My intuition skills as a mother of my children has become very well tuned over the years. Often, I am tuned into strong emotional situations especially, if negative and get what I call a "doom and gloom" feeling during the day or night sometimes. I "know" when something happened,for instance. Have a strong "sense" of circumstances, "see" in my mind's eye something that has not been revealed yet.

When we were having our family we didn't have ultrasounds and knowing the gender of the baby was a surprise at birth. In my case, I had a strong feeling about each one. I was not surprised.
I am convinced there is some kind of energy from the human mind/consciousness that we have not fully tapped into that we can use to our advantage.

The more we learn about the power of the mind and consciousness the more we can understand our fellow human beings and, hopefully, be in a position to be of better help to others.

Date: May 09, 2015 05:07PM

Definitely agree we get information from subconscious, etc. from intuition and dreams. I have been logging in 'meaningful' dreams for about a year now and some months get 5-10 messages then the next month none. Maybe 0 is ok when things are going ok and I don't have many questions/issues.

I sometimes feel my wife had much more 'intuition' than I did but I just think mine was showing up at work/etc., where I spent 8 hours daily, and hers was with the kids.

Date: May 09, 2015 05:12PM

spiritist :
You make an important point. Intuition shows up where you are. It's not limited to walking on a path, or sitting on the beach, or some special spot. It seems to happen, in my experience, at some of the oddest times. I could be watching TV, or in a new place, or a familiar place.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 05:23AM

I, too, knew the gender of my children before they were born. I am convinced I heard my boy speak to me before I even knew I was pregnant with him.

Date: May 10, 2015 12:32PM

Knowing the gender and him speaking to you before he was born and forgets his 'pre-existence' is totally possible.

Please don't interpret this as a believing Mormon as I am certainly not that. However, I "believe" JS did get a few concepts right because he did practice or was interested and studied occult/psychics type things/people.

Examples of his teachings include: families (soul groups) can be together forever (very true) we progress with each other, used term 'council of elders' --- yes that exists in the after life, and taught different degrees in heaven ---- people can advance above others in the after life is a correct concept.

Date: May 10, 2015 02:22PM

anonuk Wrote:
> I, too, knew the gender of my children before they
> were born. I am convinced I heard my boy speak to
> me before I even knew I was pregnant with him.

I had a similar experience with one of my children.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 10:47PM

My father is the seventh son of a seventh son- He was raised with Catholic and Dine beliefs and superstition.

My father told my mother what sex each of their children would be and we were all born 3 days early from the projected birth day.

Fun, weird stuff, but still woo.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 06:24PM

Date: May 09, 2015 06:41PM

It's really not woo ------ we are talking about capabilities science has not adequately explored here. The power of the human brain/mind/conscious had been underestimated in my opinion and that does tie into where we are as a society.

Using mental techniques (meditation, affirmations, intuition, psychic/RV techniques, etc.) has opened up my life to more enjoyment, achievement, and satisfaction ----- my opinion.

Obviously, we all are responsible for our own lives and have our own goal and so you should devote your time and energy to 'whatever you consider important and relevant to your life and goals'.

Posted by: Shadowlands ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 09:03AM

I commend your interest in developing the powers of your mind, Spiritist. I would like to caution you on one aspect though ...

There are extremely dark powers and great deceptions in the astral realm. Seeking and accepting contact with astral entites can result in incessant bombardment. This can make the contactee literally insane (demented) through sleep deprivation (attaching spirits influencing dreams and sleep cycle), and bombardment of voices once your aura is pierced and the "spider network" is connected to your psyche - because you sought it and allowed it to happen.

Consider this a word of warning about what you are pursuing.

Date: May 10, 2015 12:12PM

Thanks for the advice. Psychic books, do go a little into how to protect oneself.

I have not had any negative experiences after about a year. My spirit guide insists he "has my back" ------ I trust him and I trust my parents (in spirit) to make sure also. I try to make sure this is all 'in my best interest' ----- I hope to get any negative/warning input from them in various methods including dream messages.

I have been warned about other things through various ways before. Not that I don't have my own free will to do any stupid thing I want to do ---- I have been burned before by being skeptical and thinking I could take 'additional' actions to avoid something ------- one incident comes to mind.

I would expect working with my subconscious/soul (which I definitely prioritize as I can use it daily in many areas of my life) is much safer than astral projection into other realms -------- I am about 0 for 6 in AP but feel some success. I will still work with AP for awhile ----- keep running across clips of people with unbelievable stories of things I have never heard so detailed before.

You know of course how crazy this all sounds to non believers and those who do not have an open mind concerning these type of phenomena.

Thanks again!

Date: May 10, 2015 02:29PM

I was raised in a home that believed in medium-ship and spiritualism. It was all the rage in England and in the US particularly in the 20's to 40's which involved many of my family.
Because of my early exposure, I have learned to be sensitive to what I see and hear with my "mind's eye", as I call it.

I am convinced there is some kind of energy/consciousness that cannot be destroyed and continues on. I have many experiences that are very specific, things that happen that I don't do that are messages.
Even though I live alone, I never feel that I am alone. Nor lonely. I welcome the positive messages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2015 02:30PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: May 10, 2015 03:49PM

I am a greenie at this stuff even though I can recognize in hindsight I was getting help/guidance etc. my whole life ----- I just was attributing it to other things.

Based on my past experiences ------ I have been warned of a number of things in various ways and it gives me confidence that I am certainly not alone.

I just wish more people could be open to that concept. I think most people in US still believe in life after death so why not some of those people being assigned to help the living?

Posted by: Shadowlands ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 06:59PM

Spiritist, "spirit guides" are a HUGE mistake. Of course they'll tell you they "have your back". That's EXACTLY what they want you to believe.

Do you SEE your spirit guide, or is he/she just a near voice speaking into your psyche?

You might be one who will learn the hard way that taking spirit guides is a major mistake. Sorry Spiritist, but that's the sad reality. Eventually that guide will so reassuringly turn you over to THE BIG GUNS when you are incapable of ignoring their intrusions. By then you will be bound. They will proceed to destroy your sanity and your life.

Take heed.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 11:29PM

That’s ridiculous.

Date: May 11, 2015 04:35PM

Totally agree but being psychic I need to show some empathy.

That goes my Basic Beliefs 101 but hey let him have his say. Let him question everything he has no experience or knowledge of.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: May 11, 2015 04:53PM

Good to hear you say that. I just didn’t want them to put a bunch of fear into your consciousness. The only thing to fear is fear itself. And that was a bunch of fear. Like face cards being Satanic or something. Oh brother.

Date: May 11, 2015 05:10PM

You are totally 'on the money' with that comment!

That is why I had to resolve it quickly in my own mind.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 11, 2015 05:17PM

spiritist Wrote:
> Totally agree but being psychic I need to show
> some empathy.

A claim of fact ("being psychic") that cannot be shown correct by evidence.
It's a good idea for human beings to show empathy to other human beings, which of course has nothing to do with being "psychic" as claimed.

Date: May 10, 2015 07:41PM

I have seen my spirit guide in my mind a number of times.

I have never been steered wrong yet.

Please give me a website to review, if available, concerning what you are talking about. Your persistence has gotten my attention.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: May 10, 2015 07:46PM

Dear spiritist,

To follow on from what Shadowlands said, you might have a look at a book by Joe Fisher titled, The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts. Even if you don't read the book, you might find the reviews of it on Amazon.com to be interesting.

Common Gentile

Date: May 10, 2015 10:11PM

Scanned the book and read some comments. Thanks for the heads up and your concern! In summary, I believe there is more problem with fake mediums and channelers and people that depend on frequent readings (love, jobs, family, etc. etc.). I am definitely not in that crowd.

I do NOT generally use 'others' in my life but may for a one-time task. Also, I do take my directly obtained information when considering decisions but ----- no big decisions yet have made that were mostly based on 'psychic or spirit'. However, 'spirit' info was specifically involved in my last major decision such as leaving LDS inc. but it was not the majority of the info I used.

I normally get my spirit guide information direct ----- no psychics or mediums necessary. I have normally received information when specific dangers were near me ---- which I did verify so the information has been accurate. I also had direct help once with an issue and it was great also. I also ask questions and get responses but normally use multiple methods to 'validate' them.

I do get a lot of 'psychic' (past and future) information (that I ask for) not sure where it all comes from (I thought some subconscious some from spirit) but I am currently studying remote viewing and the instructors "teach/believe" both past and future information is coming from existing energy (not heard a big discussion on how energy is generated by potential future events yet) that is filtered through the subconscious.

Based on the classes/instructors, I am a little confused now how much of my help has come from my subconscious versus from spirit if I can forecast the future based on my subconscious. So, based on the class I get the vast majority of my information using my subconscious versus spirit.

Bottom line after rambling/and considering current and past experiences ------ I now think I get the vast majority of my 'psychic' information from my subconscious (I believe it is tied to my soul which has/can access tons of past or future information). So, I really haven't got too much (have got some important stuff) from my spirit guide and other spirits (family and friends). I agree there are probably spirits out there that would lie and deceive.

I feel better about your concerns now. Thanks again!

Date: May 10, 2015 10:38PM

Just want to say before this thread closes. Thanks for the information, concerns, good, bad and the ugly.

Many times I think this is a waste of time to post this stuff.

However, you will never know how much help you give me. That includes all positive and negative comments.

Thanks again!

Date: May 11, 2015 10:54AM

Talk about woo!

Given the news on TV every night one would only wish there was an effort by the 'enlightened among us' to save ourselves and planet from ourselves. The concern is destruction of the Earth for any life by nuclear blast, etc. is not something that will be permitted by other enlightened beings in the Universe.

Actually, I have seen a number of theories on this matter. Some theories go as far as involving 'advanced aliens' from all over the galaxy volunteering to reincarnate here to come and bring amazing scientific discoveries and political ideas to this planet (to save the planet and disarm the world of nuclear weapons) and raise the general level of conscious. One past life regressionist, has reported many 'volunteer aliens' in the first wave have not been able to take earth life as it is much too depressing given what they have experienced in the past, and many have been committing suicide. The 2nd wave have faired much better and we should start seeing a good turnaround for the world soon.

There are also people on the internet 'attempting to raise' the general level of conscious of the people. To what extent they think they are successful ----- who knows.

I have no opinion on these theories ------ just think they are interesting. Way out of my league.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.