Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:03PM

my old ward has a crazy woman in it. I was TBM at the time and Young Men's president. My wife was Relief Society president for years and then later worked with the young women's. I share this because the crazy woman had a houseful of children and we were very involved with them. For several years, I drove their children to and from church (a 20 minute drive, one way) for every Wednesday night activity and most weekend activities. They were often at my house and we became close. I loved the kids; I couldn't stand the mother.

She did all sorts of horrible things to her children. From public shaming on fast and testimony meetings to locking them out of the house (they'd come to mine)....from breaking promises to breaking their skateboards. She was a tyrant who emotionally, physically, and mentally abused her kids. If you can't sense it, I hate this woman for the harm she did to her children. The kids were often hungry (the mom refused to work); they nearly lost their house to foreclosure, yada yada yada. My wife or I were often over their to counsel them on budgeting and "assess the situation" for the bishop so he could determine the aid they should receive.

Because we lived close to them, I was their home teacher through the decade of my activity in this area. I helped move them multiple times, dropped off food, gifts, cleaned their house, did yard work, repaired fences, painted, and a million things. She was rude to me (probably sensed my dislike for her) but I did it because of her kids.

Anyway, she doesn't matter to me anymore but a couple days after mothers day, one of her daughters called us to thank my wife for being a substitute mother for her through her teen-age years. It was touching....but here is the point of this story:

this crazy mother gave the talk on mothers day. my mother in law (a HARD CORE Mormon who was visiting from Utah) said afterwards over dinner (I wasn't at the meeting, I was cooking the meal) how spiritual this woman was. My MIL said, "I was so touched by the spirit during her talk, I'm sure she and I would be the best of friends if I lived near her! I'm very impressed with her!"

I laughed out loud when I found out who my mother in law was raving about (based off one talk)....the crazy woman! The woman who starved, hit, manipulated, and nearly destroyed her gaggle of 7 children! Even my TBM wife was like, "she fooled you!"

The spirit sure sucks at discernment these days.

/rant

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:07PM

Oh man!!!! Some people just don't have a good judge of character. My mother sure doesn't!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:12PM

Discernment obviously sucks. Anyone can pretend to be something they aren't and put on a good show. I'm glad you were there for her children.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:15PM

hopefulhusband Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this crazy mother gave the talk on mothers day.
> my mother in law (a HARD CORE Mormon who was
> visiting from Utah) said afterwards over dinner (I
> wasn't at the meeting, I was cooking the meal) how
> spiritual this woman was. My MIL said, "I was so
> touched by the spirit during her talk, I'm sure
> she and I would be the best of friends if I lived
> near her! I'm very impressed with her!"

She would probably love my mother as well. This is the hallmark of a personality disorder/sociopath. Outward appearances hide inner hells.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.