Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 02:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 02:49PM

He looks thrilled to be getting such an upgrade in pay!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:14PM

Two chins aren't enough anymore? I guess now you have to have 3 to be in the big leagues.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:17PM

He's grinning because..

He inherited the family ranch. in 1998 he got tired of that so he sold it and ever since he has "managed the family portfolio." Which means he didn't have to work, Romnney style, yay! Sounds like a charmed life if you ask me? I don't mean to pick at strangers, (I guess I'm just jealous).

Working minimum wage, being yelled at to "stop talking," and "work faster" just gets old after a while.

Posted by: notlogg ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:28PM

That is an old and ugly 58 years old...#tenderloin-mercies

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:29PM

An overly precious term some grown men use which when spoken is the equivalent of sprinkling magic fairy dust. It is even more effective when spoken in a baby voice or as Elmer Fudd might say it.

Posted by: frackenmess ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:34PM

A Newport Beach girl gone stupid!

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:38PM

Hey, not nnice!!! I have a double chin or something, because I have Cushings Disease. So maybe he does too (not).

My ex and his partner, my bff dh, many others, do NOT look anything like that and they are in their 50's, and did not work on a ranch.

He has the look though.....I ain't pretty (anymore, once was a cute hottie) but damn.....

So how much do these guys get in perks?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 03:40PM

To a politically ambitious MORmON member who is ultimately ASSpiring to become a MORmON GA themselves and who is currently drooling over the prospect of becoming ward Bishop as their first big mile post on their way to their desired station of MORmON holiness and approval, it looks like this guy has it made.

To a MORmON ASSpostHOLE, who is ASSpiring to become MORmON Prophet/ Profit, this guy is small change, he is merely a toady who has peaked and he still does NOT amount to much more than any other MORmON toady.

To an ex MORmON, it is just another DUMB ASS self obsessed MORmON who is really too stupid to wake up and have a life in their own right.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 04:12PM

When did he get the Second annointing is the other question

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 04:32PM

More like legal tender mercies.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 10:38PM

Good one, bagley!

Posted by: cokeisoknowdrinker ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 04:34PM

Got to be the first helicopter pilot general authority.
"Get to the choppa Dieter"

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 04:36PM

He needs some "slender"(izing) mercies. But, with all those free meals a visiting GA demands during a stake conference, I doubt he'll make any changes.

Oh, and the second anointing? Who in the hell would want to wash his feet?

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 04:38PM

Yet-another-studied-theologian-not-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 05:16PM

LDS Inc.must of wanted his ranch real bad.
Thus his reward.

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 05:17PM

"His favorite airplane to fly is the Swiss-made Pilatus PC-12; for helicopters, he enjoys the Bell Jet Ranger" - a humble man of the people

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 10:11PM

So does anyone know where this Elder Landfill guy stands, if he's a Packer-type fascist or willing to be open?

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 10:21PM

That ranch must have been worth a butt load of money if he retired just so he could manage the money. I wonder if the church bought it, and this is their plan to get their money back. The church would love to take over that portfolio when he's dead and gone. He's not aging well, so who knows when that could be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2015 10:23PM by madalice.

Posted by: superman4691 ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 10:32PM

Education: Received a bachelor of science degree in agricultural economics from Brigham Young University.

Employment: Helped manage family’s ranch in Montana; managed a portfolio of real estate and financial instruments, as well as structuring philanthropic and estate matters.

Church service: Full-time mission in Toulouse France, elders quorum president, bishop, high councilor, stake president and Area Seventy. He was serving in the Sixth Quorum of the Seventy at the time of his call to the First Quorum of the Seventy.

YES SIR!!! He sure sounds qualified to instruct people on spiritual, personal, and family matters.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: May 15, 2015 11:14PM

He's white!
He's American.
He's male!
He's wealthy!

Glad to see the church is so diverse.

He also is the pastiest rancher I've ever seen. And he looks way older than 58.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 09:19AM

I think they left out the part about his graduate studies in Greek and Hebrew and his Master's thesis on the relationship between Marcion's gospel of the Lord and Luke/Acts.

Meh, he is just another theologian.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 04:34PM

The tenderloins of The Lord is more like it. This guy just slipped right into leadership after a life steeped in LDS Inc. and doing what he was told to do.

That is God's plan of happiness - test the world with a leadership filled to overflowing with men so invested in LDS Inc. that they could never think not to worship it instead of Jesus Christ.

Posted by: exmorphmon ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 06:16PM

“There are no such things as coincidences in life,” said Elder Vern P. Stanfill, a newly called member of the First Quorum of the Seventy.

That's right Vern! Give all your daddy's hard-worked-for land to the crutch and it's a yellow brick road for you now. Within reach to the top.

Tender mercies my ass!

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 07:08PM

trust fund baby hits the big leagues

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: May 16, 2015 07:18PM

More like Chicken Tenders...

lots and lots of Chicken Tenders.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 17, 2015 04:10AM

When I hear of the tender mercies of the Mormon Jesus, I can't help but think of the god-given catastrophic destructions and mass deaths and losses of the American Nephites and Lamanites, just before "de lawd" arrived for his post-resurrection tour.

Of course, he did it all out of love for his wayward children...

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 17, 2015 03:40PM

I'm 8 years older than this guy, and look every day of it. My doctor says I'm overweight (duh!) and my youngest granddaughter, almost 3 years old, seems to be fascinated with my gray hair.

But, I can't figure out how his body and face have gotten that way. I don't have a double or triple chin. although it's kind of loose.

I guess that sounds kind of mean.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.