Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:42PM

When I am sitting at the Bar of Judgment, the prosecuting attorney will demand the production of all the selfies I took during my life, and my attorney will rise to address the court, "May it please the court: my client took one selfie in his life, the day he got his first cell phone with a forward facing second camera. Here it is..."

The photo, with my eyes half closed in a blink, portraying a completely lost at sea jerk, dumb, but innocent, will flash on the screen, boring the court and the meager audience.

The prosecuting attorney will remind me that I'm under oath, and I will confirm, before ghawd and everyone, that that was the only selfie I ever took.

There will then proceed such an air of disappointment that the judge will call a recess and then when court reconvenes, out of sheer boredom I will be found worthy of a reward to which I was in no way worthy! All because I had just that one self-denigrating selfie!

Can any of you look forward to that? Or is it going to take a while for all your selfies to flash across the omniscreen?

And is there anyone whose final judgment is definitely going to be adversely affected due to selfies? Remember, it's all up in the heavenly cloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:50PM

I think nowadays they just look at your facebook and twitter feeds don’t they?
Just like your prospective employer?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 06:17PM

I have little doubt that someday, far in the future, humanity will look back on "selfies" and declare:

"Geezus, what asshats."

Innanameofsamsungandappleamen.

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 08:33PM

I don't take many selfies. I have bad self esteem and I doubt anyone will wanna see this mug. I'll never say that I'm pretty, or even cute. At this point I'd be happy with being a handsome woman.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.