Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:50PM

Went to the Calderwoods support group for their excommunication last night in Maple Valley WA.

A couple church PR people told us that the building would be locked up for the privacy of the Calderwoods and the SACREDNESS of the proceedings.

I don't know what is sacred about ejecting a couple from the church? Can someone explain how this is equivalent to the sacrament or eternal marriage or...WTF?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:13PM

TSCC and their minions play the sacred card when they want to hide something or they are lying.

It's too sacred is a great misdirection card in the Mormon deck of cards.

Question: President Holland have you ever spoken to Jesus Christ?

Answer: That's too sacred to talk about.

Disciplinary councils happen every week in the church and they don't lock down the buildings when they do it.

These excommunications for doubting or expressing doubt or disbelief proves the Mormon church is a cult. I hope this excommunication gets some national attention. Normal mom and dad excommunicated for expressing opinions.

Hey Calderwood family stake presidency and high council... SUCK IT!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 08:08PM

Doubting Thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Question: President Holland have you ever spoken
> to Jesus Christ?
>
Answer: Yes, many, many times.

Question: Has Jesus ever answered you back?

Answer: That's to sacred to talk about.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:26PM

...Translation:

"We don't want any publicity, oversight, or media attention.
The nature of this proceeding is a spiritual event; an attempt to reconcile differences and ideologies which run contrary to established Church doctrine. It is, in fact, an opportunity for the wayward member to return to full-fellowship with the Saints. We look forward to jammin' these apostate Ahole's up..........WAY up!"

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:26PM

Throwing somebody out is, I think, intended to protect them from the punishments commensurate with violating temple (&c.) covenants. If they cut you off before you go wildly apostate and ...club baby seals or some monstrous thing, then at judgement you'll get treated like a non-member, instead of having the book thrown at you by a God whose light and knowledge you betrayed.

Thus, deciding to evict someone from the fold of God, rather than suffer them to bring (more) destruction on themselves is what they genuinely believe they are doing.

One must also consider that the mind set is structured such that they sit in judgement of the person's sins if they submit and want to make penance. They believe themselves vicars of Christ, with power to forgive sin and meet out punishment according to their feelings. For those involved, then, it is necessarily solemn and a kind of theophanic transformation. It is as if they, for a moment, *are* Christ.

To clarify: I do not believe. I simply respect internally consistent mythology.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:34PM

...I agree with that explanation, but wouldn't it also validate/explain the justification for the "Blood Atonement" doctrine, which was fully implemented by Bro. Brigham....................right?

Date: May 22, 2015 04:44PM

Yep.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:38PM

Have you actually gone through a "Court of Love"? Do you know what you are talking about first-handed? At my "Court of Love", they did NOT have my best interest at heart and were not, as you say, trying to protect me from future sins as a member by punishing me. There was no love, respect or logic. I simply was struggling with my beliefs, so they decided to get even with me and be scared of me by charging me with apostasy. You seem to have a lot of optimism about the cult and their nastiest practices.

Date: May 22, 2015 04:44PM

A fair rebuke; I have not, only heard them explained by people who truly believed. I'm sorry to have brought up such a painful memory.

And I really was only trying to provide my own (quite possibly wrong) thoughts on why *they* thought it sacred. *I* think it's horseshit.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:46PM

Thanks. It's okay. Sorry I came across as so harsh. I think I still have scars from my "Court of Love". I think your logic is hopeful and maybe is used by some who operate "Courts of Love". It just wasn't the case for me.

Date: May 22, 2015 04:57PM

I understand---I've been burned "out of love" by priesthood authorities quite a few times, just not in a court. I'm sorry you've been burned like that. No worries, though, about coming through harsh. Freely call me on my crap any time!

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 05:28PM

They were named courts of love in 1984

Posted by: xdman ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:55PM

They didn't feel very sacred to me. The others in the room seemed to be kind of high to me, like the spirit was bearing witness that their choice was true. A lot of them were weeping with sorrow. When I got up to leave some of them thought the spirit told them to hug me. I was on my way out and one of them grabbed my hand and gave me a hug. So I was kind of going through this line of hugs, then this one guy just stood there stiff and indifferent. I kind of went to hug him because I though that is what I was supposed to do but he just kind of went stiff and lifted up his chin. It was to show his righteous indignation i guess. I was just trying to get out the door.

Soon after they made my Father the bishop and gave him my file in whatever form they do that. No, I don't live with my parents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 07:15PM by xdman.

Posted by: xdman ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 05:21PM

I'm sure that they all had an understanding and a witness through the spirit that their decision was right. A unity and a brotherhood that I couldn't understand. I had denied the Holy Ghost and cast myself off completely from the love of God. Satan had appeared to me as an angel of light and told me that there was no God. This was pleasing to my natural mind and so I completely forgot that an angel thing had appeared to me and told that to me. I also decided not to ask the angelic personage what the hell it was. Soon I will be struck dumb and admit that I have always really believed in God. As my reward I will be trampled to death for being an Atheist who believes that Angels appear to tell people that there is no God.

Or maybe they had just taken whatever facts they had, combined with their irritation that I wasn't sad enough, and mustered up the requisite endorphins to confirm their decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2015 05:23PM by xdman.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 06:12PM

Isn't the cult skilled in making up their own dictionary?

Sacred is one of the best examples of how a word means one thing in the real world and quite another in the Fairyland of Mormonville.

It is like the word lie as defined by the apostles. Several of them have defined this word much differently than you will find in Webster's Dictionary.

I mean, why not? THEY believe they are the Lord's annointed who hold the priesthood and have no limit on their actions.

Posted by: Pugsly ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 07:52PM

Mine was sacred and secret - I was not even invited to the proceedings because I guess they were afraid of my apostate super powers!
That's ok though - I was done with all that crap and wouldn't have attended anyway - I am sure that I had better things to do like drink booze, smoke weed, and wash my car with my garments...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 07:58PM

kangaroo courts.

I never saw the 'evidence' of my heresy / being apostate to answer it;

those people aren't accountable, don't answer let alone apologize over their mistakes, do they?

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 08:02PM

Don't they mean secret instead!???

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 08:06PM

It's all horsesh*t.

Before I'd let them drag me through the mud, I'd be chucking it back as fast and swift as I could dish it.

What they do to people through these kangaroo courts is demeaning and void of any real love, or compassion, or service to someone who slipped according to LDS standards. It's those high and rigid standards that cause people to fall short in the first place. They put that strain on members, and cause them to f*ck up by the way the church is designed.

You can never be good enough, or perfect enough there. It's setting people up to fail, is what it does. Those who never sit on the receiving end of the kangaroo court are simply there because they have learned to work the rules to their benefit - as in manipulating. Nobody is "better" than others, including at church. When they ever become truly Christlike will be a cold day in hell, to recognize their own humanity and fallibility rather than singling out what they perceive as weaknesses in others. Their judgmentalism is probably far worse than the sins they sit in judgment on.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 02:45AM

My opinion is that I would love the courts of love to be empty of warm bodies that have been "cordially" invited to attend.

I'd love that everyone who receives this invitation send back a note saying, "No, I will not be attending your ridiculous kangaroo court. I'll be doing (such and such) instead."

All of those priesthood pious people would get just a little edgy and out of sorts with setting aside an evening to get to the stake building, getting dressed in their white shirts and black suits, and driving to the 3-ring-circus only to find once again that the entertainment for their night did not show.

I like this picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 02:46AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 04:56AM

I know this sounds awful but I'm totally waiting on the day some guy that's lost his eternal family is going to rock up at one of these things with an assault rifle and go postal on their sanctimonious backsides.

I know it's bad but there will be a large part of me thinking tough chit, they deserve what they get for trying to victimise and oppress people. That day will fundamentally change these courts of love forever. As well as put them in the national spotlight.

That they try to portray as loving or sacred what they see as the handing down of an eternal death sentence via their kangaroos cut is an a front to civilisation.

That they really believe the most advanced conceivable being in the universe would come up with such a joke of a court process for the most important judgement process in eternity just shows how blinded and dumb they are.

Utterly decieved minions just going along with the party line, unable to question or think.

Mormon drones remind me of the mighty circus elephants held pegged to a small stake by a thin string because of a lifetime of being indoctrinated that resistance is futile just oey and learn to love obedience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 04:59AM by lilburne.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:10AM

Mrs. Calderwood indicated in her interview with Delyn that since she was female, she was only being exed by her lowly bishop, unlike her powerful priesthood holder husband, who had been trying to HELP keep other couples they knew from splitting up with one partner believing, while another was done with the church. Her husband was going to get exed by the high council.

Have things changed? Are there so many people being exed now, for speaking about facts vs the "faithful" (bogus) history of the church that they ex two at a time now?

The best part is, she was a Hinckley scholar at BYU. Also, the church just lost a big revenue stream from their dental practice. Hopefully now she can return for a grad degree at another university and continue her studies. Being a housewife was suffocating for her.

Does anyone know what transpired, the verdict? I hope he recorded it somehow... (How much love there was at the court of love...) Thank you, Calderwoods, for speaking truth to power.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 08:46AM

They always say they are doing things to protect your privacy, when really they are doing it to protect themselves and screw you.

If you are kicked of BYU for being gay, they stamp "Honor Code Violation" on your transcripts. When pressed, they will say they must protect your privacy. Other universities read "Honor Code violation" as cheating on a test or plagiarism. They don't give a damn whom you sleep with. A school like Utah would be familiar with BYU's passive-aggressive BS, but another school would not touch you because they would think you committed academic fraud. BYU's "protection of your privacy" screws you out of a college degree.

They don't give a damn about the Calderwood's privacy. I'm sure they have all been gossiping about them. They are protecting themselves from media scrutiny. If it were in their interest, they would toss their privacy to the curb with the morning trash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 08:46AM by axeldc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.