Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 10:28AM

The angel Moroni told JS to be careful with the Golden Plates because, basically, he was on his own, and evil men (you know, the filthy guys with toothless grins you always see in the LDS movies) would try to steal them. Now, on the other hand, an angel with a sword threatened JS if he didn't schtup a ton of ladies, so why didn't that angel with that same sword help him protect the Most Important Thing In The World Since Jesus?

The Lord was always promising to preserve the Saints from evildoers, but I guess He made a conscious decision to let JS get whacked on the head by a thug while carrying the BoM plates....you know...the key to saving all mankind, for eternity...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 11:03AM

God only intervenes and sends angels when he wants you to do something horrible, and pretend it's good.

How about that.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 11:13AM

Your error is that you have applied common sense to the whole thing. Stop that right now. Heavenly father doesn't want you tarnishing your mind with reason.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 11:52AM

Hehehe. Yes, the only brand of "sense" TSCC has is nonsense.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 04, 2015 02:30PM

I believe ole Joey found it funny also. I can visualize him with his cronies, wine glasses in hand, toasting himself. "I am an unbelievably clever fellow. Now raise your glasses to me."

Joe was a selfish charlatan whose actions show (IMHO) the only person that mattered to Joe was Joe. He really did not care who he, to paraphrase the Dodo, stepped under, over or around.

What is not funny to me is the endless harm his evil deeds did to so many, and still are doing to people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.