Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hemmy ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:42PM

It's not healthy to complain. Let's just all make an effort to leave the negativity behind. We're all exmo's but I don't want to see us be deathmo's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:44PM

So I guess this means we will never see you on RfM again? Farewell!

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:46PM

I moved on

Now I need to spend a little time in here to get my ammunition to get my teenagers out the cult. So I'm back.

Then when I'll do complete my goal, I'll move on again.

Does that make me a deathmo?

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:51PM

Hemmy, I am glad that you have fully recovered. I guess it is taking me longer.
I am so greatful for all of the people on this board who I know are there for me when something brings all the difficult times in my life.
This board made the difference for me when my father passed on and I had to deal with the mormon funeral. It gave me a place to vent when my mother was called to be RS Pres and I ended up listening to all of the RS BS.
I know that if it hadn't been for the people on this board willing to let me vent and complain, to give me ideas on how to deal, and to tell jokes about the whole situation so I could keep a light heart. This helped me keep a good relationship with my believing family.
Thank you everyone and please feel free to vent, joke, laugh, be negative, positive or whatever you need to do to continue

Posted by: Dennis MooreNJ ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:53PM

Say again??? What??? There's no way I'll quit complaining; its part of the dealing/healing process. process.

Hell no, I won't go!

-Dennis

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:54PM

Guess I'm a deathmo....

I come here to vent, and read while others vent, because I experienced many of the problems those others have had. I cry and laugh along with people. This is how I heal.

It takes a LONG TIME to get the negativity out! I used to HATE mormons...now I just pitty them....alot of the lay people know not what they do...

I don't have anyone else to discuss this with, who would understand. I don't go around all negative IRL...I'm the one always smiling, friendly, and funny.

So.....deathmo it is....or I would rather call my self a life-after-mo.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:55PM

If "moving on" is what YOU need, then by all means -- move on.
I'm not sure why you thought that what YOU need is what EVERYONE needs -- thinking about it, I'm sure you can figure out why doing so is rather silly, and more than a bit arrogant.

So...no, thanks. I've got good reasons for not "moving on."

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 03:58PM

"It's not healthy to complain." .......Complaining often brings change by highlighting the issues and can help people sort things out.

"Let's just all make an effort to leave the negativity behind." .......Do you think no one is making that effort? I think most are.

"We're all exmo's" ....no we're not, we run the range of TBM to nevermo......"but I don't want to see us be deathmo's."....so this is really about what YOU want.

You say complaining isn't healthy, but you're post is a complaint about people not moving on.

I love it when someone posts about what they think everyone else should be doing.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:01PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:11PM

A complaint about complaining is what it is.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:36PM

... down the hall to the left.

Party on, mate!~

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 05:36PM by Timothy.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:13PM

Some of us are surrounded by TBM's and need a place to vent. Ex-Mo's and the like are frequently criticized for leaving the LDS Church but not being able to leave it alone. Well, that's because it won't leave us alone.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:13PM

How is it negative hanging out with people who understand where I've been, where I am now and where I hope to be? I have a lot in common with them.

Besides, I can also help those who are only at the beginning of their journey.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:16PM

Oh. It's so frustrating when people don't act the way you want them to act. I really feel for you and hope you find those who live up to your ideals.

What I have found is that a great way to defang what is bothering you is to quite literally "talk it to death." Don't "turn it off like a light switch" as that now classic tune goes, don't shove it down,and don't bottle it up.

Vent. Complain. Whine if you must. But get it out, stare it down, examine it, get some opinions, and take control of it. Or so says I.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:19PM

When offered unsolicited advice, I usually weigh it to see if it works for me. Or else I dismiss it, since I didn't ask for it to begin with.

But by all means, do what works for you.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:22PM

Seems like you accidentally posted this on RfM instead of LDS.com

Your post is more applicable to TBMs.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:24PM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:26PM

Me too! But I often find some pretty sad tales.

Posted by: BenHad ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:25PM

I really dislike statements like "its not healthy to complain". Show me some evidence, some science etc. The church just loves to make statements to manipulate us, but if you take a step back and say "says who?" there is rarely and an answer.

Date: June 05, 2015 04:38PM

Actually it's quite healthy and beneficial to confront one's abusers.

The the Mormon Cult does not provide a forum to do so.

Thankfully Eric has.

Date: June 05, 2015 05:38PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 04:54PM

We were taught as good little Mormon Morbots not to complain. To take everything with a cheerful countenance, even the sh*t that life throws our way.

We sang about it on Sundays, "There is sunshine in my soul today,... sunshine blessed sunshine,...." always sunshine. Never supposed to visit the "dark places," heaven forbid!

That might make us shake our heads, or look closer and ask some hard questions, like what the hell were we doing there in the first place?

Ignoring reality is something Mormons are very good at teaching and doing. It runs counter to their training and agility to question, criticize, or complain. That was something I actually had to learn post-Mormon.

To do that as a Mormon gets you shunned and ostracised for being too intellectual or a *thinker.* To be a *thinker* is a sin in Mormondom.

Now being a *feeler* is fine for Mormons. Even there, no feelings allowed other than those that are dictated for you to feel. Otherwise, any other feelings are forbidden like anger, fear, or curiosity. Even hurt isn't tolerated very well. And Mormons do an awful lot of hurting others feelings. That's fine with them. Just don't expound when on the receiving end. That gets Mormons nowhere fast.

Very shameful how Mormons suppress so much of what is human and healthy - both as emotions, and expressing feelings and rational thought.

Date: June 05, 2015 04:56PM

Lol

Date: June 05, 2015 05:40PM

... that's far enough.

Wait! I've gone blind!

Timothy

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:03PM

See I think when I am ready to move on I will express my appreciation for everyone here, wish all the best and depart. What i won't do is to tell everyone else to move on.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:10PM

I love it when others tell everyone what to do. Go fuck yourself.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:14PM

Amen.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:23PM

Good projection. What else are you working on?

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:25PM

I’m not suggesting this is where you’re coming from. However, it's worth noting that abusers often admonish their victims to just move on and get over it. It would be very convenient for them if the victims did so. Really, the abusers just don’t want the publicity. I think it’s important to expose the damage Mormonism does to many of the people who get caught up in it. It shouldn’t be swept under the rug.

If people weren’t speaking up about it here by sharing their stories, I would have never found answers for the questions I’ve had about Mormonism. Exposing the deep problems in Mormonism is important, especially with the PR the church puts into spinning themselves to the general public as being so squeaky clean and nice.

The complaining is a good thing. It raises awareness about an important issue. It’s also helpful for people personally to get these things off their chest and to receive validation from others who’ve had similar experiences. I’m glad people talk about it here and share their stories. I think it’s helpful, although I’m sure the morg doesn’t find it helpful.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:33PM

I'm sorry, have we been introduced?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 05:33PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.