Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 03:01PM

This week, I realized that I don't hate my parents.

Of course, they will never be forgiven for anything they have done to me, & continue to do to me. After I move away, I plan on having very little contact, & then no contact at all, after awhile.

I do not see them as my parents, & I feel completely separate from them. I do not see them as actual people. They are like viruses, or bacteria, or zombies. & it is not healthy or safe to be around them. (Of course, I will not be mean towards them. That would be stupid.)

I am not sad that I don't have a family. I honestly don't think I ever had one, but it took me a long time to realize it.

(Edited for typos)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 03:25PM by Tristan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 03:20PM

I think not hating your parents—or anyone else for that matter—is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Not for them. For you.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 10:30PM

It takes some concentrated effort to forgive people, not hate them, but not forget. The old adage applies: trust but verify.
Or Once fooled shame on you, twice fooled, shame on me.

Remember they are people. They gave you life. Without them you would not be here. Some go through stages in their lives when parents are not appreciated or tolerated for a variety of reasons.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 08, 2015 12:24AM

No, Suzi.

My still abusive non-parents are never going to be forgiven by me. My lack of hate for them now is my attempt at survival from the toxicity they have been trying to destroy me with my entire life.

I don't give a shit if they gave me life. I didn't ask to be born! My life is my own. I created myself & my life. They absolutely did not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.