Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HopefulHusband(loggedout) ( )
Date: June 08, 2015 09:45AM

I live in Wisconsin. We had stake conference here this past weekend and it's a 1.5 hour drive (one way) to the center, so it sucks for the members that drive there (especially in winter).

Anyway, my family was celebrating an event and stayed home (yay!!!). Later in the evening, we had family friends over for dinner. They are TBM (former bishop) and he gave the rundown to me in whispered tones while I was grilling.

"It was so uninspired! they kept cracking jokes they thought were funny but they were so boring and didn't get that nobody else thought they were funny. Just clueless! I can't stand driving that far to get the same old rubbish each time!"

His complaints lasted for a couple minutes and then I asked who the seventy was that presided. He said, "a Packer."

When Boyd dies, don't fear RFMers, there are more uninspiring Packers waiting to be the future leaders!!

I did ask him, "Couldn't you have been doing something more worthwhile with your time than sitting in a boring conference on a gorgeous Sunday?"

The grilling was done at that time, so I let him stew on that one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: June 08, 2015 10:34AM

The only other Packer (excluding BKP) who is a "general authority" by definition is BKP's son, Allan F. Packer. He is by far the most boring, unorganized, uninspiring speaker I have ever heard at a Mormon pulpit. He came to San Jose, California in January 2014 and spoke at stake conference. Nepotism? Yes. Perks and a retirement package for BKP's son? Yes. Funny? Hell no.

Posted by: HopefulHusband(loggedout) ( )
Date: June 08, 2015 12:19PM

That's how he was explained to me. Boring to the point of making the meeting painful. left this TBM completely uninspired and wondering why he wasted his time at this "significant event, even stake conference."

Apparently, Allen Packer considers himself a wit, he made several lame jokes that fell completely flat and didn't even draw polite laughter (per the man in audience).

He said he couldn't wait for the meeting to end....

I am so glad I spent the day with my family and on my farm.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.