Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 08:03PM

There is more here than I can think about:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2615748-155/mike-lee-urges-local-federal-laws

1. It amazes me that in the same breath as calling for legalized discrimination, TBMs play the "We were so persecuted" card.

2. How can a religion that practically invented U.S. polygamy keep pretending that they have ever divinely advocated for marriage being between one man and one woman? Did their god change his mind?

3. I so wish the interwebs had existed when the LDS church was arguing so forcefully that god was telling them that Blacks should not receive the LDS priesthood. There would be such a rich cache of stuff that no doubt parallels the arguments we are reading from them on marriage rights today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 08:03PM by left4good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TDWMB ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 08:43PM

What religion is really asking and saying is this:

Accept my poor treatment of you because you are less than me. My beliefs make me favored of God and you less than because you don't know what I know.

I know the right way to think and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and must be corrected.

Because I am in the right, I get to make the rules and police the rest of society, I also have elevated status (because I know and you don't) and you are obliged to recognize that and submit to my authority over you.

This is not a place where we are equals, you are less than me and you will be taught how to think.

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 09:30PM

Wouldn't want federal funding to dry up. Now why are my tax dollars going to religious schools, where is my religious exemption to refuse to fund said schools?

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 10:05PM

Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 12, 2015 01:03AM

Denying my freedom to persecute you is persecution!!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.