Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 03:58PM

So he just decided to go up to Idaho for the weekend, huh! That's a bunch of crap! It took weeks to get this set up. There is no way a meeting like this could be held on a multi-stake level without some planning ahead of time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 04:10PM

That's one of the traits of fraud... Even small things that make no difference to the con are lies.

These men and the press office that works for them lie about everything. Even things that make no difference.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 05:40PM

There was a carefully rehearsed and scripted coordination between remarks by Oaks and Turley. No way in hell was this a casual weekend trip. It was a damage control trip.

They were probably upset to have it recorded, but the only way to prevent that would be to ban smartphones from the room. Good luck with that.

My only question is was this a trial balloon, or a one-off event. I'm hoping there will be lots of rescue missions. I love the smell of panic at the COB.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: June 20, 2015 05:48AM

It's not a one-off since they had one of these before (that also got recorded).

I think it's just a supply and demand thing. If the church leaders here of an area where this is a problem they'll go there, so maybe it'll become more common in the future.

The first one allowed questions from the audience though, whilst by my understanding this one didn't. The leaders are aware that they're going to be put on the Internet, and even this time without any difficult questions from the audience there's been some back-lash, so I think they'll be even stricter if they do this a third time. They might try and make sure only real TBMs attend, or try and ban any recording devices (which I don't think would go down well...).

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 08:24PM

Lol: "But the church insists that's not the case, and that Oaks simply saw the opportunity to visit Boise to teach important doctrines of the church."

Seriously. The man "saw an opportunity to visit Bouse to teach important doctrines of the church"?

Not really working for a living, doesn't he have that opportunity EVERY DAY?

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 10:17PM

The pharisees work hard everyday at deluding the members of the cult. Wouldn't want a schism to hurt the cults bottom line.

Posted by: drunk sailor ( )
Date: June 19, 2015 09:00PM

Spot on cpete

When they are scared, it's fear of lost cashish.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 18, 2015 10:58PM

What was Boise rescued from exactly? My bro in law lives there but he is strict Catholic so he didn't mention anything.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: June 19, 2015 12:14AM

Heh, if you read the transcript or listen to it, Oaksy flat out tells the crowd that he and Truly spent weeks preparing. So another lie.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: June 20, 2015 02:54AM

Has anybody noticed that there are no comments on the link!??? Very strange....

Posted by: elbert ( )
Date: June 20, 2015 07:26AM

Any mention of tithing/other offerings?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 20, 2015 07:37AM

I have come to agree with those who think that the "rescue" is an attempt to do damage control for the Denver Snuffer crowd.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 20, 2015 08:10AM

This may seem like a strange question, but it's a sincere one that popped into my head at the clear cut lie.

Do you think that they are even AWARE that they lie? That they get so caught up into their PR moves that they simply don't see the dishonesty?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.