Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 04:03PM

The Packer Love Fest over on Facebook is now replete with praise from TBMs regarding Packers courage and strength to stand up and speak out against the evils of homosexuality.

Here's some real courage for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOnY4

It doesn't take courage to be a bully, Mr. Packer. It does, however, take courage to admit when you're wrong!

Given the recent publicity, I doubt Councilman Burns will be joining the mormon church anytime soon. Hope you're proud of yourself, Boyd!

Way to go, Joel. That takes courage!

Timothy

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 01:47PM by Timothy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 14, 2010 04:32PM

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 04:48PM

...at April 2011 Gen-Con!!!

BKP's "hit & run" and hide behind the cloak of LDS Inc., secrecy doesn't even come close to measuring up to the Councilmans speech.

Thanks Timothy for the head up on this.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 04:56PM

Date: October 14, 2010 05:04PM

One would also think that's what JuHEEsus would tell his prophets and apostles to do.

In the end, the mormon cult's rigid old doctrines and leaders will prove to be its undoing.

Timothy

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 05:10PM

To get up before the world and show everyone that you are a complete arsehole filled with hatred for your fellow beings, that must take courage. Either that or a lack of self-awareness that is bordering on being severely mentally ill...

Date: October 14, 2010 05:20PM

Over and over, the HIP-MO-TIZED recite their pre-programmed mantras:

"I'm so grateful that our a**-hat apostle has the courage to stand up and speak the truth!"

"Truth is Truth!"

"Arguing with an apostle is the same as arguing with god!"

"He's only reciting God's will!"

(and my personal favorite)

"If you don't like what we say or believe, don't listen to us."

I'm leaning toward your mental illness theory, Matt!... Three days of that drivel turns my mind into oatmeal!

Timothy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 01:04PM by Timothy.

Date: October 15, 2010 01:42PM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 12:43AM

It's just that he's had so many decades of practice being a confirmed bully and jackass. It's a habit now, and very deeply ingrained.

The most pitiful thing is that the system only encourages and reinforces this kind of behavior.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 07:58PM

Thanks for the video Timothy. It hit me hard.

We had a teen age suicide in our family last year. It broke the hearts of many people. I still get emotional just driving past the cemetery.

At the funeral the idiot bishop said that K. would have been pleased to see the big turn out at her funeral. WTF! How comforting.

It's too bad that time moves so slowly when you're young. The thought of waiting 2 or three years to be on your own just seems too long. If only these kids would just wait it out. Things do get better.

Date: October 14, 2010 09:09PM

Still, we all have to try!

Timothy

Posted by: foolserrand2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 01:05AM

Thanks for the vid post Timothy. That takes a set to share something so deeply personal as Joel Burns did. It is people like him that got me through those rough years when I was struggling with sexual identity.

Too bad those kids didn't have someone like him in their life to help them through those struggles. It makes my heart sad when I hear about any kid who feels the need to end their life only to stop the torment.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 03:02AM

Contrast the 2 speeches-Joels and Packers. It was very hard to listen to each one of them but for very different reasons. Joels was all about helping teenagers find the strength to get through the very tough years of being a gay teenager. Packer's was all about shaming those same teenagers. You know that there has to be a number of gays in the families of these 15 "special men". I wonder how they treat them?

Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 10:00AM

And I say also, thanks Timothy for this video.
We are not here to judge, but to support and love.
So many children suffer because of people who think they themselves are normal. How dare anyone give another person grief and sorrow and make their lives a misery. Yes I'm talking to you BKP and all morgbots who think like BKP. You have a very rude awakening awaiting you on the other side. I wish it could be sooner then innocent children would be safe. I am getting very angry and am aware I could say something which I will regret later. So I will just say 'Way to go Joel'.

Date: October 15, 2010 11:35AM

... is that the opportunity to taunt, poke or otherwise humiliate Packer, Smith, Young, Falwell, Robertson, Phelps, etc. while they slowly roast on a spit in hell for all eternity isn't going to happen. I would very much like to do that.

But that's why action must be taken now. The victims of these deplorable villians are suffering now. What Joel Burns did was an incredibly brave thing. Perhaps its time for those of us who do not suffer such bigotry, hatred and oppression to stand up and tell those who do that there's nothing wrong with them and that it is going to get better because we are going to make it get better.

I'm no longer a religious sort, but I still maintain that evil isn't just what you do, its also what you don't do.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 11:36AM by Timothy.

Posted by: Never Mo Wife and Mom ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 11:14AM

Thank you Timothy.

This morning my tbm daughter put Packer's talk on her wall on Facebook. I just put Joel's speech on my wall.

I hope it can make her and the other tbms that see it think about what they are told to believe. I'm not holding my breath though.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 11:29AM

He said--"those who are perceived to be different"--actually, it is just those who aren't "cool"--aren't the jocks, popular. My son was called gay and @#$%& all through middle school UNTIL he went goth. Imagine what that did to him at the time--his father had just left, come out as gay--My son was taunted daily.

Thank dOG my son didn't end it. He and his father are EXTREMELY CLOSE now.

Date: October 15, 2010 11:29AM

Oh--and thanks, Timothy. I'm going to have my son put this on his facebook.

Date: October 15, 2010 11:33AM

One more thing--the teachers/administrators are part of the problem--especially somewhere like Utah when it comes to gay teens or those who don't appear mormon.

Date: October 15, 2010 12:03PM

... which likely applies to all school districts:

"The teachers are afraid of the principles, the principles are afraid of the school board, the school board is afraid of the parents, the parents are afraid of the kids and the kids aren't afraid of anyone!"

There's something really wrong with this picture, cl2, and I believe its become an epidemic!

Time to get involved.

Timothy

Date: October 15, 2010 01:46PM

It sure has--my dad was a teacher. He said when he started teaching in the 60s that there were 6 people who worked in the board office. When he retired, they had a whole building of people. He also stated what you did--the kids were always right. He couldn't discipline at all.

Posted by: topojoejoe ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 03:13PM

Thanks Timothy for posting that link to that video. I agree, what a deeply personal and touching message of HOPE. If I was a US citizen, that guy would have my vote.

Compare that the KKK Packer's message of HATE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.