Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 23, 2015 10:26PM

What would you do different?

I would LOVE to help take the church down from the inside. Meaning , I would plant seeds like crazy. I know the history and doctrine inside and out and would LOVE to expose the members to the truth. They couldn't dismiss me as an evil, apostate ex-Mormon-anti-Mormon because I was would still be an active Mormon. I would feign a belief and act like Peter Priesthood and be able to back everything up with good sources.

I would also not take s**t and let those with "authority" intimidate or boss me around. How I would love to go back onto my mission knowing now that my mission president did not have some line of communication with God and there was no reason to feel guilty about anything.

I would love to go to some Q&A with some higher up like an apostle and mess with them. Not show any kind of intimiation or deference to someone like Holland or Bednar. Really shock the members in the place.

What about you guys?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 23, 2015 11:03PM

Ask to teach YW.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: June 23, 2015 11:31PM

Take the sacrament with my LEFT hand!

Bad to the bone mutha-truckas

Posted by: wannabfree ( )
Date: June 23, 2015 11:46PM

Well, you described pretty much my exact existence. I teach the youth sunday school....he he he

Posted by: flamingsword ( )
Date: June 23, 2015 11:58PM

I'm a YM President and my bishop knows I don't believe any of it. He just never puts me in charge of anything spiritual. I stir the pot every chance I get.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 12:10AM

To be honest...you could utilize the current leaders talks and then do smack downs.

The big issue is getting young adults separated from older members. It's older members that are propping up the corporation. The kids are just "faking it, until they get a chance to leave [Death of parents, change of job, moving, hoping spouse will leave w/them, etc...]

Way back when, it didn't seem so blatant and so easy to spot new order Mormons or non-believing Mormons. We might see a blue shirt every once in awhile, but that's because he had WoW problems and someday he'll believe completely.

Now though, all I read on here and other sites is so many people feel locked in and trapped into the corporation; they don't believe, they hate their positions, they hate the leaders, they know the history, It seems that every ward is just filled with people who are really automatons (Stepford Wives).

So that's the real question. What is the thing that will give them the strength, wisdom and guts to stand up and think for themselves and to oppose insane/incredulous directions.

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 01:36AM

Well, there are quite a few Mormons who are as you described: knowing it's a con, but pretending to believe. Check out an Ensign centerfold.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.