Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Login Long Lost ( )
Date: July 03, 2015 11:15PM

so I try not to pay that much attention to The Morg...but if Monson dies, what direction would Nelson be expected to take TSCC in? Would he continue doubling down in the leaner, meaner Mormon church hard right turn as of lately, or would he allow for some progressive reforms?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 12:23AM

Catch me up too! All I remember is that he's the doctor/heart surgeon.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 12:55AM

Well about 9 years ago, he remarried an older middle aged virgin, 25 years his junior. So he's 90 now & she's 65. She's young enough to be his daughter. It's really sick. She would have been better off staying single.

However, there are funny rumors that have been going around that the marriage was staged to cover up the fact that a lot of people think she, Wendy Watson, & Sheri Dew were in a relationship. I mean they were "roommates" for years, & owned a house together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 12:59AM by Tristan.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:10AM

From her perspective as a TBM, how would she be better off being single?

She gets guaranteed access to the Celestial Kingdom as she's married someone who's had their calling and election made sure.

Not to mention, in her Earth life she gets no financial problems and she gets to travel around the world and be worshipped by TBMs. No TBM will ever criticise or do anything bad to an Apostle's wife!

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 01:52PM

Tristan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well about 9 years ago, he remarried an older
> middle aged virgin, 25 years his junior. So he's
> 90 now & she's 65. She's young enough to be his
> daughter. It's really sick. She would have been
> better off staying single.
>
> However, there are funny rumors that have been
> going around that the marriage was staged to cover
> up the fact that a lot of people think she, Wendy
> Watson, & Sheri Dew were in a relationship. I mean
> they were "roommates" for years, & owned a house
> together.

How is that sick? 25 years is nothing when you're that old and they're both old as shit. She's obviously super TBM if she's that old and still a Virgin so she held out and got an apostle. Doesn't get much better than that for her. She's set for life.

When you're that old it's probably just for companionship. Doubt Nelson is a horny 81 year old just chomping at the bit to bag another Virgin.

Date: July 04, 2015 01:56PM

I'm standing by my opinion. I think it's sick.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:17PM

Wendy and Sheri still own a second home together in Midway (purchased in 2000.) Both of their current primary residences are on the same street only a house or two apart in North Salt Lake.

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:19PM

I ran it by my nevermo girlfriend... At first she thought it was gross but when I said he was an apostle she said "Oooooh niccccccce." (south Park reference)

So I guess it's weird. But when you're tbm like her it doesn't seem so odd anymore. Kinda funny how religion can do that to you.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:14PM

As a soon to be 54 year old, I'm slightly younger than Wendy was when she married Nelson - my step-father is a doddering, 81year, very old man - unless it is one of those so-called sexless "Celestial" marriages ol' Joe was famous for, I agree with Tristan, it is so very sick!

Posted by: anonski21 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:19AM

He's an empty suit. Nothing about him really sticks out.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 01:48PM

But he will be "our beloved President Nelson..."

Posted by: Reality Check ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:22AM

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

Date: July 04, 2015 01:45PM

We won't get fooled again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 01:46PM by tensolator.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:31AM

about "counterfeit" relationships if they aren't TM some years back. I heard it while driving from Idaho with my TBM daughter.

Date: July 04, 2015 10:45AM

I was at a conference he spoke at some years ago. He rambled on, and on. Then to share his medical brilliance he started pontificating about the benefits of eugenics. I made the connection to Mengela and even Stalinist Russia. I am not sure the rest of the sheep did though. Inside the mind of that servant of God is a twisted thought process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 10:46AM by tensolator.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 11:28AM

Mujun, I could not read that beyond the first couple paragraphs. It made me feel sad, mad and sick.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 12:01PM

Oh yeah, that one is a gem.

"Tonight I am attending [the priesthood session] with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It’s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 12:02PM by summer.

Date: July 04, 2015 01:49PM

Yeah, this really pissed me off. Assholes like him think women aren't smart enough to handle what goes on during the PH session.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 11:14AM

I went to school at East High with his youngest son. I think his only son. That guy was an arrogant prick. Was anything but "Christ like". He was in the with the popular crowd and going to their parties. I have no first or second hand knowledge about what he did at those parties so it would all be assumption. Probably did what every other kid did at those parties. He was a bit of a bully too. With words. I watched him get his ass kicked at a ward basketball game. It brought me much satisfaction.

I met Russell M Nelson a few times at his house in the Monument Park area. Until I realized what a douche Russ Nelson Jr was. Stayed away from them after that. I wonder if he was to use his seer abilities to realize his son was an ass and a partier.

Posted by: Dafuq ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:38PM

He has 10 kids, a mixture of m/f all from his first wife...

Date: July 04, 2015 12:21PM

O/T but what is the average age of RFMer's??

lordy, you people are old...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 12:31PM

We have everyone from teens still living at home up through retired people.

Is old age some place you're not planning on going?

Date: July 04, 2015 12:34PM

Yes

It's a good day to Die Hard

and I said, "average"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 01:46PM

Fortunately, the average sexual age is 19 years, 7 months and 3 days.

Date: July 04, 2015 02:40PM

+1

EOD isn't old, just well seasoned

the rest of you - old!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:00PM

He is part of the top leadership of the LDS Church and has been very involved for many years. He seems to have a stellar reputation in the medical field, or so I am told.
His personal life is his choice just as everyone else's.
He has no interest or cares what people say about him - if he is like most people his age or much younger!
He is very elderly and it's hard to know how long he will live as he appears to be in pretty good health for his age.
Will he lead the LDS Church? Time will tell.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:22PM

I had an intense affair back when I was 20 and she was "jail bait".....and now I'm almost 67 and she's 62 and a PhD and married to a university president and it ain't no big thing now.

Ron Burr

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:31PM

Nelson is 90. He wouldn't take the church anywhere. The Church
is run by committee. Who happens to be the current figurehead
doesn't really matter that much.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:50PM

Most these LDS Prophets are too old and feeble to do much. Legally they own the church assets and they are top dog. In reality the church is ran by a commitee of people who are capable of making decisions. The old guy in the top seat is more or less a mascot.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:57PM

I think their handlers have managed to keep all of them from expressing any personal opinions lately that might give us a clue what they think individually.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.