Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:12AM

Yes or No, please?

I cannot believe anyone would lay down their life for a serial rapist.

Please answer.

https://www.google.com/#q=Bill+Cosby

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:41AM

Nevertheless, some mo will baptize him after he dies.

Posted by: Paella ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 01:27AM

rhgc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nevertheless, some mo will baptize him after he
> dies.

Sad, but true.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:49AM

Do you remember when your bishop didn't want you to watch The Simpsons because it conflicted with The Cosby Show, and as Mormons, we were all supposed to be watching The Cosby Show with it's clean, family humor. So awful and stifling compared to The Simpsons. I think we know who won. The Simpsons are in their how manieth season, thanks to the characters never aging.

Still, Cosby drugging women in order to rape them... That is a difficult thing to take in. And why did he do the drugging thing? Did he have to? He was good looking for many of his years, and has always been famous since the 1960s.

Date: July 07, 2015 09:08AM

Even worse: the Simpson's had two aliens (ETs) whom Homer identified as Mormons in one episode!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:18PM

"...the Simpson's had two aliens (ETs) whom Homer identified as Mormons in one episode!"

Actually, they were Quantum Presbyterians....

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:20PM

Joseph Smith just *wishes* he had Qualludes back in the day!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 09:21AM

And the fact that you are demeaning any rape victims with your oh so clever post just flew over your head at 50,000 feet. Didn't it?

Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 09:55AM

Would Jesus submit to an investigation upon His return in a Unites Nations Tribunal? Would he appear as summoned to the Hague? Or is He above the laws that are structured to bring scofflaws to justice?

If He failed to appear then it means He has no regard for the ideals of man.

I sincerely request that all Christians rethink their belief, support of and admiration for one who would willingly die in order to save that which is simply and obviously not worth saving.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Quotes+about+Justice,+images&biw=1600&bih=772&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mNmbVczCDcbmsAXe27fACw&ved=0CB0QsAQ

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 10:23AM

'pure' Christianity teaches universal salvation/exaltation thru being forgiven, it's the wing-nut denominations that qualify Eternal Glory, Happiness, heavy on the judgment stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2015 10:23AM by GNPE.

Date: July 07, 2015 06:48PM

Personally, I believe in a hell where real baddies go forever. But I couldn't believe in a diety who would condemn people for most things and would lay guilt trips on us for drinking coffee or not wearing garmies or not tithing.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:05PM

Well, as there's no real evidence a "Jesus Christ" ever existed at all, let alone died "for" anyone...

No.

There's no magical forgiveness due to a grotesque human sacrifice. There's just what we do and don't do. And what Bill Cosby did...disgusting.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:14PM

As a believer in a man who was the basis of the 'Christ' myth ----- he didn't die for anyone and he knew it.

I believe he is actually is quite annoyed how his basic teachings/beliefs were manipulated for political/religious purposes.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:28PM

Jesus was brought to trial by men like Bill Cosby. So he died because of them.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:56PM

Yeaa...He even died for Hitler...
But the jerk neglected to save AnnFrank

Posted by: terrydactyl ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 09:33PM

I planned to quickly bring this discussion down to "Godwin's Law", but you beat me.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 02:21PM

"So I'm walkin' and I'm tryin' to figure out what to do. And when I get there, the most embarrassing thing is gonna be when I have to take my pants down. See, right away, then I'm buck naked...buck naked in front of this girl. Now what happens then? Do...do you just...I don't even know what to do...I'm just going to stand there and she's gonna say, "You don't know how to do it." And I'm gonna say, "Yes I do, but I forgot." I never thought of HER showing me, because I'm a man and I don't WANT HER to show me. I don't want nobody to show me, but I wish somebody would slip me a note."

Cosby sounds like an insecure power rapist if you read between the lines.

IDT people knew how dangerous 'ludes really were when they were using them nor do many people seem to know what they are today. I didn't even know what they were until my early 20s when watching a George Carlin special and had to ask my more experienced friends what a quaalude is. You can't even really find them anymore without having to go into unsavory places where you might end up assaulted, raped, robbed and/or dead.

They have a lot of the same effects as a large dose of heroin and also very similar to Xanax. It's no wonder that Beverly Johnson knew right away she had been drugged, since 'ludes were a favoured party drug. Even Hugh Hefner is rumoured to give (and still does, IDK how he finds them) women these pills.

As for JC dying for Cosby? I'm sure Cosby feels he's done nothing wrong or needing to be saved.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 04:50PM

I remember when I was a kid, you could still get quaaludes from your regular doctor. All I would ever hear about was people who'd been prescribed them becoming addicted.

Posted by: BFP ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 06:17PM

Bingo..."I'm sure Cosby feels he's done nothing wrong or needing to be saved."

Guys like Joe and Bill don't ever feel or believe they've done anything wrong. Always someone elses fault or circumstances beyond their control.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 03:24PM

At least that's how the story goes.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 04:45PM

MORmON Jesus = Joe Smiths penis, did not die for Bill Cosby, MORmON Jesus did a lot of things for Joseph Smith, and MORmON Jesus died with Joseph Smith, so maybe MJ died for Joe Smith because of Joe Smith, or did Joe Smith die for MORmON Jesus?

Any way, Joe and His MORmON Jesus could do a lot to console Bill Cosby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BZeMik8nc

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 06:25PM

So, what does Joe, Jesus and Bill all have in common?

Egos the size of Texas.

Date: July 07, 2015 06:49PM

Joe and Bill, yes. Jesus was not an egotist and there is no evidence he slept with a multitude of women.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:51PM

Jesus claimed to be Deity. If that wasn't true, then he had an ego bigger than the size of Texas.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 01:19AM

the joke goes: egos the size of Texas ..... and big enough @$$ holes to have a place to store their egos.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:35PM

I misread that as Bing Crosby.

Then I thought, Matt, you are drunk as a skunk on a school night. Drat.

A pint of home made cider and a vodka chaser. ha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2015 08:35PM by matt.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:40PM

Bill would need to repent and forsake all and follow Christ. I believe he is too much the narcissist to do these things. The answer to the question is yes. He died for all of us sinners.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 01:58AM

I don't really hold with the atonement doctrine. If God wants to forgive people, then He can just forgive them. No sense in conducting a human sacrifice of an innocent being to pervert justice and prevent the guilty from getting what they deserve.

But according to Christian doctrine, yes, Jesus died so that Bill Cosby can go to heaven if he repents.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.