Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 05:41PM

So I know some wards did their combined men and women and youth together meeting about the gay problem last week but for those that are having it tomorrow, please report.

On a side note last night I visited packers grave in Brigham. It's in a very prominant location right next to the Lorenzo Snows obelisk (and all his plural wives). Very beautiful location lovely flowers. I wonder now that packer is gone who's going to take up the sword against the liberals? I'm not saying Packer was right or wrong, but he sure hated the left. Gone are the days of McKonkie, Benson, Peterson, Kimball. Could their be a softer tone to feminists, gays, and intellectuals in the coming future?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:02PM

"I wonder now that packer is gone who's going to take up the sword against the liberals."

Oaks is, I think, the last of the bunch. The rest are now little more than administrators. They rarely say anything of doctrinal significance. Just platitudes.

And about the other part of your post, sorry, I won't be attending, but I'll be looking forward to hearing other people's reports.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:08PM

It must be surreal to see Packer's grave.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:48PM

It must be amusing reining in the urge to piss on it.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 07:41PM

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! ( I couldn't resist this !!! )
I'd always been quite fearful for the members of the church if he got in as a Prophet. ( Noone needs to ask why !)

Posted by: goldarn ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 11:15PM

Don't piss on it; pour coffee on it. To Mormons that would be far worse.

Posted by: Anon Dunn (nli) ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 12:40AM

How about masturbate on his grave? :D

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 10:06AM

Ewww.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 04:43PM

Well to report back on today's 'gay sunday school' My folks mentioned to me that it wasn't just one meeting but extended to all the other meetings as well. Everyone at church is just so interested in this issue they can't keep their minds off it. One brother or the 1st pres letter said something about we need to throw the gays out of church, etc?

I wasn't there cuz I was working all last night. So all the mormons can have something to eat come Monday morning, haha.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:51PM

as I pulled into the cemetery today to visit my parents' grave. I always stop any time I'm in Brigham. Lots of flowers covering the grave. Hard to miss it. A few people hanging around.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 10:42PM

My grandparents are buried there too. I remember the Lorenzo Snow monument.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 10:34PM

One reason I left is that even a member of the 70, Vaughn Featherstone, spoke with such ignorance and prejudice about gays. He saw homosexuality as the vilest of sins, but he knew absolutely nothing about gays.

A one hour Mormon lesson on gays would be like Jesse Helms giving a lesson on black civil rights.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 11:16PM

Once again murder has been surpassed by sex in Mormon theology's top sin. What's with Mormonism and sex? They're simply obsessed with it.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 06:51PM

Murder has fallen in rank on the Mo "sin scale" to number three or lower, now behind apostasy and homosexuality.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 08:47AM

I suspect only the bishop would be allowed to give the lesson since he knows all things. Righty oooo.

Can you imagine TSCC allowing a gay or lesbian give a lesson about what they suffer trying to be LDS? They could talk about the joys of shunning. It is a good thing to not let them teach children about Jesus because they are pedophiles. The joy of being celibate. Never allowed to love or be loved is part of God's great plan for them.

Sounds like gays are catholic priest. Good Grief - there I go stereotyping.

Posted by: topped ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 04:07PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.