Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zoe ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 11:11PM

So a cousin told my family i am no longer a member.
Long story short, part of my TBM family lives very far and a cousin went over to visit them and she spilled the beans that i am no longer a member...
My mom texted my asking if i wasnt going to church and i told her that i was not and that we should talk about it in person, she blamed my nevermo boyfriend and that she will never accept him.
A week later she had to come to our hometown and i welcomed her and took her everywhere she needed. She wanted to have dinner with my boyfriend and we did, she was very sweet and polite and all laughs. I was shocked she never mentioned anythng about the church, not even on sunday! she went to church w/o me.
So (my bf and I are in this huge project and if everything goes according to plan we will make a lot of money) My mom found out that and now she wants me to marry him ASAP. We have plans to move in together, and then get married whenever we feel like it.
So my mom only calls me when she needs something... that's just sad.. i don't even know what to think anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 11:27PM

Think about your life! Think about your boyfriend and your project!

No need to think about your mom at all... She'll insert herself into your life when she feels the need.

Be sure to remind her, when the time is right, that you did it 'your way.'

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 01:26AM

Think of an enormous secret your cousin has, with huge ramifications. Call and tell them you told their parents.

I have a cousin like that. Do not confide in them ever again. That individual is jealous. They also make up absurd lies in order to appear better than you...

Good luck with your plans. Don't worry about your mom. Now she knows you're not living in a gutter somewhere, committing every sin you can think of.

People in testimony mtg, "I don't know where I'd be without the church..." Happier, with more money. =)

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 01:32AM

All of my TBM cousins are like that! I'm sorry they tattled on you but envy you that you no longer have to hide. My parents still don't know that I resigned.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.