Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 10:32PM

Why do the righteous folks have such evil imaginations?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 10:46PM

Because they don't have any *good* reasons to scream about gay marriage, so they have to make stuff up. It's an attempt (although a ridiculous, idiotic one) to try and claim, "See, there are non-religious reasons for me to hate gay marriage and want to outlaw it!"

We all know better, though.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 12:45AM

Mormons are such ignorant jerks. Let's find out what Jesus said about transgender people; Matt 19:12, "12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Now according to Packer and other leaders, There is no such thing as a natural Eunuch. For all are born into certain genital roles (Male and Female)---Yet, Jesus just said the opposite????

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 01:06AM

dydimus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons are such ignorant jerks. Let's find out
> what Jesus said about transgender people; Matt
> 19:12, "12 For there are some eunuchs, which were
> so born from their mother’s womb: and there are
> some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and
> there be eunuchs, which have made themselves
> eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He
> that is able to receive it, let him receive it."
>
> Now according to Packer and other leaders, There
> is no such thing as a natural Eunuch. For all are
> born into certain genital roles (Male and
> Female)---Yet, Jesus just said the opposite????

eunuch (no testicles, and sometimes no penis---either "naturally" or by surgery of some kind) does not equal "female" or "transgender"---that person is simply a male without testicles and/or penis.

"natural eunuch" (someone born without testicles) does not equal "female"---a eunuch is simply a male without testicles and/or what is considered by that society to be a penis...but that does not indicate that female genitals are present, either.

Sometimes babies are born with both male and female genitalia, and a decision must be made as to whether the child is male or female. Sometimes that decision is wrong, but in these cases, this still (I don't think) makes that child "transgender."

But this is definitely not any area of ANY kind of expertise for me, so I may be substantially wrong, too. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 01:09AM by tevai.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 01:59AM

SSM has been legal in Massachusetts for over 10 years. Have the
stats for pedophelia or bestiality gone up? How does
Massachusetts compare in that area to, say, West Virginia?

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 04:00AM

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 02:18AM

My relationship with my youngest brother deteriorated when I asked him if he was gay. I told him that I loved him and wanted him to be happy and didn't care if he was gay. After that my brother had a major freak out when my middle son went for a sleepover at my parents (my brother lives at home) because he said I accused him of being a pedophile! I said WTF and explained to my mom how I'd asked him if he was gay NOT a pedophile. Then my mom made some rude remark about how it was the same!!! Most pedophiles I've heard of are heterosexual married men- including my mom's BFF's DH. I'd rather have my kids hang out with my gay friends than my mom's pervert friend any day!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 01:23PM

that's pretty rough, he probably felt like his manhood was questioned. I think you should apologize. Maybe buy him a gift :)

Date: July 14, 2015 02:55PM

I've tried that. I'm not forgiven but it's okay. I didn't mean any harm by it, it was just a question not an accusation. I'm learning that some people can't forgive and just to let go.

Posted by: LMG ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 03:51PM

brandywine Wrote:
> After that my
> brother had a major freak out when my middle son
> went for a sleepover at my parents (my brother
> lives at home) because he said I accused him of
> being a pedophile! I said WTF and explained to my
> mom how I'd asked him if he was gay NOT a
> pedophile.

She was right to be concerned. According to a study published in the peer-reviewed journal "Archives of Sexual Behavior", 86% of pedophiles who victimize male children identify as gay/bi. That group, of course, is only a tiny percentage of the overall population.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 08:34PM

Thanks for beating me to the "debunk."

Date: July 14, 2015 10:13PM

LOL! What a rich life you must lead ...

Date: July 14, 2015 10:12PM

The DailyKos is the left's answer to World Nut Daily and Alex Jones. Congratulations, you're a crazy person.

Date: July 14, 2015 10:50PM

LMG Wrote:
> The DailyKos is the left's answer to World Nut
> Daily and Alex Jones.

(1) "Poisoning the well."

> Congratulations, you're a
> crazy person.

(2) Ad-hominum insult

Two standard logical fallacies in two sentences.
Congratulations, you're batting 1000.

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 10:14AM

Lol...even if that study had any merit, which it doesn't, that would be an idiotic thing to be worried about. Oh, 86% of men who victimize MALE children identify as gay or bi? Cool, so do 100% of men who victimize female children identify as straight, or is that 86% too?

Even as a made up statistic, that doesn't mean anything!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 10:16PM

peculiargifts Wrote:
> This "study" is debunked here:
>
> http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/19/903178/-G
> ays-are-pedophiles-No-Here-s-the-proof#

Thank you.... I don't know why that bull shit is still going

around, I guess there are enough people who want to believe it

for their own hateful agenda so they keep it going.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 02:53AM

People like John Wayne Gayce and Jeffrey Dahmer didn't help calm the fears (even though Ted Bundy's and other "straight" rapist/murderers were much more prominent).

Gays just want to use and kill young boys; so watch out.
https://youtu.be/MmqNiFJyI28

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 02:22AM

I was channel TV surfing this evening and came upon a Catholic Channel discussion which caught my attention. The gist was the same ole concerning how the new rulings on marriage were evil and wrong and a throw back to those evil Roman dudes.

Yeah, filled with enough doom and gloom to make me change the channel pronto.

And, no, I did not buy the 3 books which would surely give me light and knowledge to share with everyone and help make America the kind of culture IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE....because they said so.

Puleeze. Enuf already! all of you shrewd, sociopathic, spiteful complaining religions. So many of us have heard this same soap-box speech so many times we could write it.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 07:27AM

So you have to be a legally married gat person to have sex with with little girls and sheep? So that is why gays want to be married? I never knew that. The things one can learn from religious leaders is amazing.

I always thought it was perverts that had sex with children and people that lived on farms that had sex with sheep. Never knew it was legally married gay dudes. The stuff I learn is amazing.

I have to ask - since we know Joseph Smith fucked children (underage of consent) and we know he love to wrestle with men and have sleep overs, is there a possibility that Joseph Smith was a legally married gay? He could be called the gay preacher. I am sure he was happy and gay. Religious Leaders - you just have to love their stupid thinking.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 07:56AM

It's fear-mongering. Religion oftens rules by fear. "You folks don't wanna be voting for that. It'll lead to pedophilia and bestiality. You'll lose all of your rights to be a Christian."

The sheep go, "Nooo! Baaaa! We don't want that!"

I sit and tell them, "That's just fear-mongering. It's about consent. It could only be a contract between consenting adults. Children are protected by the law in that they're not old enough to give consent to such a relationship. And of course an animal never can give consent."

Then they sit there looking completely confused and have nothing more to say.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 08:17AM

I want to share my last experience with dumb and ignorant TBM on SSM - on FB

Somehow the extremly right winged people (aka neonazis) in Germany use this whole discussion about SSM and age related sexual education in schools which finally includes a lot of education about same sex attraction/rainbow families/ trans/intersexuality as an "acceptable" way of live (don't know how to say but hope you understand) and a lot of fundamental christs and also most mormons are jumped on that train as well.
There was recently a guy who posted made-up nazi and conspiracy stuff to that topic like the government wants to sexualize the kids, want to make up ways to legalize pedophila, to dissolve the gender and after all wants us all to become gay so the righteous folks will finally will be rotten out.... (ya .... I know....) - in a FB Group - a women claimed that this was all made up BS and debunked it all immediately. (As I saw she's a pedagogical Psychologist AND an active churchmember, she recently got married in the temple as her profile said)
A TBM, who rules this group, showed up and tried to insist that said woman should stop debunking it because IT IS THE TRUTH - and no matter where this truth is coming from it doesn't make it false.
Woman: No I won't take down my posts this is pure nazibullshoot and not the truth. Have you actually ever talked to professionals, attend a meeting with professionals about that issue?
TBM Guy: No matter just because they're what you call Nazi they're speaking the truth. And that makes it a legit source. And I don't need to talk to "so called professionals" - all of them are brainwashed and wrong. You just should leave our kids alone and stop sexualizing them. You are wrong and pervert. Children don't have a natural sexuality, you teach them to to be sexualized!

However I like that woman because she continued to "shock" the poor TBM's by letting them know that even little babies have a unconditioned sexuality they are exploring step by step IF YOU LEAVE THEM ALONE! (she did step by step it from birth up to adolescence -AND DEFEND EVEN MASTURBATION!) Also, that she thinks it would be better for his sake to counsel a professional when he sexualize children and mingle his distorted idea of sexuality with the sexuality of a child because that is sexualizing.

However I keep an eye on the woman - I'm sure she will face some lovecourt soon. And hopefully get out of that cult.

This is just so.... in german we use a phrase like: I can't eat as much as I want to throw up. These TBM are ignorant,blind jerks. Supporting Nazis and their ideas seems right if they fit in the narrow TBM world....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 10:40AM

Mormonism leads to greedophilia and priestiality.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 03:01PM

AMEN !!!!!!!

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 11:55AM

Good god!...that's almost as bad as monogamy!

This law of monogamy, or the monogamic system, laid the foundation for prostitution and the evils and diseases of the most revolting nature and character under which modern Christendom groans…”

- Apostle Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, v. 13, p. 195

...the one-wife system not only degenerates the human family, both physically and intellectually, but it is entirely incompatible with philosophical notions of immortality; it is a lure to temptation, and has always proved a curse to a people."

- Prophet John Taylor, Millennial Star, Vol. 15, p. 227

Date: July 14, 2015 03:46PM

A little background on my post, I had the misfortune of getting involved in an exchange with someone who was bemoaning the weakness of the courts and their willingness to cast the entire country under God's judgement. She went on to remind those of us present that acceptance of Gay Marriage would lead to these sick crimes.

Me: so who told you this?
Her: our church (nonmormon, btw)
Me: What kind of a priest or minister even thinks about people having sex with animals?

So yeah, that got me to wondering why a man of God who has the everlasting lihght of the gospel and the priesthood as his guide even have the kind of mind that dreams this up.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 09:14PM

And don't forget that they will want to marry their vacuum cleaner and shower head, too. Never mind that as far as government in concerned, marriage is legal contract, and children, animals, and inanimate objects can't enter into contracts.

Date: July 14, 2015 09:18PM

Personally, I am more concerned with polygamy than gay marriage.

Date: July 15, 2015 12:36AM

Say what you will about pedophiles, but at least they slow down in school zones.

Date: July 15, 2015 10:09AM

Now that's funny! I'm stealing it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.