Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: plazadelsol ( )
Date: July 25, 2015 06:37PM

My wife and I sent in our resignation over a month ago. The Mormons who are paid to work for the church said the local Stake President and Bishop in this area would contact me. Basically the non-paid people take care of removing records. GO figure. I have't heard from them as of yet. I am counting my blessings and naming them one by one that they haven't. I surmise that if the do contact me I must be frank and just tell them the church is a lie.
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Glados and the Portal game series from Valve."The cake is a lie." Just like the Celestial Kingdom, church, truth, and anything else that comes from that religion. If you have't played Portal, try it. If you haven't tried Mormonism, stay away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 25, 2015 10:28PM

Bien hecho, plaza!

I like your lack of any real concern about them contacting you. I think that's the proper attitude: 'on their heads be it if they want to talk to me!'

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 25, 2015 10:34PM

Freedom!!! Congrats,

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: July 25, 2015 10:35PM

That's great to hear--especially that you and your wife could leave together. Good luck as you look both forward to a Mormon-free future!

: )

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 12:39AM

Member Records in Salt Lake processes the resignation. They send it to the locals to verify that you are you, to see if the local bishop already excommunicated you before you resigned, or to see if you will change your mind. Like that's going to happen.

When the bishop sends the paperwork back to SLC, they finish the process. If the bishop doesn't send the paperwork back in 30 days, SLC proceeds without it. The bishop is at worst a minor speed bump in the process. At best, he can speed things up a bit.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 02:44AM

You are right except EVERYBODY pays to work in TMC, in one way or another - some more than others - mental exercises.

They wouldn't give someone a cent if they would do it for free - or pay to do it - when "called".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 02:45AM by moremany.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 04:58AM

You can refuse to talk to them. If they call, you can say, "Please move along your paperwork. I've resigned and won't be discussing it with anyone." Then hang up the phone or close your door.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.