Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:05PM

I've had an Amazon account for as long as there's been an Amazon. Never once had a problem.

Last night I got two emails, confirming fulfillment of my two orders placed yesterday, for one kindle book, each order. Since I was at the golf course most of the day, and my phone was in my pocket the whole time, I knew very well I hadn't placed the orders. Especially for books I had already read. I tried to follow up on it last night, but it was too late.

This morning I was looking at my account and the first thing I noticed was that it was saying that I had not placed any orders in the last 30 days!

I got through to customer service and after explaining my plight, I was kicked up to a supervisor. I explained what was going on, and mentioned that not only had I not placed the two books order, I had just confirmed that my account history said that I had not made an order with the past 30 days. She put me on hold.

When she came back she asked a couple of questions about my password and who might have it. She asked if I'd sold or gifted one of the four Kindle devices listed on my account. I said I still had them all, and no one else used them. Then she said, "Okay, I'm refunding your money; it will go into your account within 3 to 4 business days."

Grateful for how smoothly it had gone, I wished her a good day and hung up. Withing six minutes I had three emails, all confirming what she'd told me. Nice, huh?

But then a few minutes ago I got another email. It was Amazon telling me that they've refunded the $36.00 I paid for the golf balls I ordered in May! How weird is that? But they should! Those golf balls were defective!! I would aim at where I wanted them to go, but they'd fly off in all different directions!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:13PM

I guess you might say "you had them by the balls".

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:15PM

Templar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess you might say "you had them by the
> balls".
>
> Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Good one Templar... good one.

Date: July 31, 2015 02:17PM

I hope I don't jinx myself for saying this but I love Amazon.

I've never had one problem.

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:42PM

I agree. I also love Amazon, plus I live in an area (Silicon Valley) that is on the new one day free delivery. The day before yesterday I placed an order in mid afternoon. It was on my porch yesterday morning at 10:30!

I still can't believe all the things included on Amazon Prime (free shipping, free movies, free music, Kindle lending library, etc.) for only $8.25/Month! They asked Jeff Bezos, Amazon's founder, how Amazon can afford to offer all they do. He answered that when you tens of millions of members each paying you $99 every year you can do a lot of things.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:54PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Those golf
> balls were defective!! I would aim at where I
> wanted them to go, but they'd fly off in all
> different directions!!

Hmmm..... you use the same golf balls I do.

I've never been able to get a refund though as they are all typically lost.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 06:46PM

Nobody ever refunded me anything for anything have to do with my balls.
I feel left out. :(

Date: July 31, 2015 09:02PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> Nobody ever refunded me anything for anything have
> to do with my balls.
> I feel left out. :(

Maybe you just need to show them more ifIcouldhietokolob....,

that may do the trick.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 10:50PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 03:44PM

I avoided them for years, then for some reason I started comparing things there. That turned into an occasionally purchase.

Now, it's almost my go-to. Prime is great.

I love being able to purchase stuff like dog-food while I'm out on the road and it shows up at home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.