Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:44PM

First things first, I've never been issued a TR, and have no intention to seek one. Don't ever want to participate in a weird pagan ceremony even if it's with friendly TBMs who'll be there to support and encourage you.
Normally when people have dreams/nightmares, it immediately evaporates from your mind the moment you wake up. Perhaps it's a Miracle from Heavenly Father ;) that I was able to retain some remembrance of it!

So I'm walking into a TSCC temple, but it seems on the inside the floor is dirt or sand, and the main sanctuary consists of wooden benches, but I and everyone else is wearing that Pillsbury Doughboy toga. I choose to walk out and past all the things going on and go into this locker room, where there are a few other guys and two TV monitors, showing the ceremony going on inside the sanctuary. That's all I remember.

Maybe it's because of me seeing this funny video that caused this weird dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8zgsaAKAWA

Perhaps I should disassociate from all things Mormon to prevent these dreams from happening. Oh well.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:49PM

is this video the work of cricket ? *LOL*

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 03:14PM

I believe in dreams I remember because I can usually determine what they mean.

One key fact it appears in your dream is that you went in but 'chose to walk out".

Wasn't that your experience with Mormonism. You were born or came in then subsequently chose to walk out. And you can still see to some extent, what Mormons around you do.

Below are good comments about the sand and dirt floors. Actually, everything that you saw and remember does probably have symbolic meaning. The benches you noticed may indicate the church was 'man made', the locker rooms may indicate a place of escape/safe place or a place where you could view what was going on without participating, others in the locker room show you others are also leaving the church, etc. However, I believe you can think about your dream and you will get what it really means.

Seems to me unless you got something else it reaffirms your decision with Mormonism in total! Congratulations!

My experience with dreams/dream messages is that they are usually quite direct and to the point. Affirmation of a decision you have made could be a valid dream message.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 09:54PM by spiritist.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 09:23PM

I would say that the floors are dirt because the whole thing is dirty; or sand because of the shape-shifting nature of all the temple crap over the years. Were the other guys in the locker room leaving also? If so, you are not alone by getting out. The TV monitors tell me that all this stuff is continually playing in your (our) minds, or that there is a "big-brother-ness" to it. Even on the way out, the memories and traumas are incessantly looping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 09:26PM by GodLedMeOut.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 11:55PM

"even if it's with friendly TBMs who'll be there to support and encourage you."

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 12:49AM

LOL, generally true of family members. Generally not true of the fossilized temple workers.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 12:44AM

Holland rocks the bunny suit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.