Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:16PM

I blew them off for good last Saturday and when I walked into their Ward Missionary Meeting tonight the looks on their faces were just priceless. If looks could kill, do you know what I mean?

Let's not discuss how much of a torment it was to listen to them plot how they were going to torture'investigators' and inactives for an hour and a half. Besides, I spent most of the time staring at pictures of the GAs thinking "You Dirty Old Pig Fuckers" and about how much Monson looks like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.

One big take-away some of you might be interested in is that they are going to start assigning inactives to feed the Missionaries. Yes, because they want Missionary meals to be spiritual events, not just opportunities for the mishies to get a nurishing home-cooked meal. You got to remember who we're dealing with here folks.

So some of y'all don't be suprised if the Mishies call up and invite themselves over for dinner sometime soon. Ain't that some bullshit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:26PM

That is the easiest thing to cure in the world. When told you are going to feed the missionaries, get all excited and tell whomever is doing the assigning that you would LOVE to have the missionaries over, you can't wait to tell them why they are wasting their time, what the church is lying about, how the doctrine is so messed up and how they should go back home, go to college or get a job, sleep with their girlfriend and drink beer while watching football. Tell the assignment Nazi that if they give you enough time to plan, you can get a Baptist (Buddhist, Jewish, Catholic) leader over who is well-versed in debunking Mormonism and have a really great conversation. Or maybe some hot girls, to get a start on that girlfriend idea. Ask the Assn. Nazi if either of the boys are over 21 and if you should get wine in or coffee. Lots of ideas.

Mormons are so clueless to have a plan like this, it makes me laugh and then want to clonk them over the head with their own Books of Mormon.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:34PM

DH is technically less-active so I'll be waiting. Waiting with the CES letter and other "anti-literature". Followed by a yummy dinner marinated in booze and after dinner we'll have coffee.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:43PM

Coffee with Bailey's?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 01:04AM

Sure. Why not? :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 10:08PM

brothernotofjared Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One big take-away some of you might be interested
> in is that they are going to start assigning
> inactives to feed the Missionaries.

Yes, the mormon solution to everything -- assign people to do things they don't want to do.

For crying out loud...

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 05:09AM

I don't make the news, I just report it. Wanted to get the word out to beware for all the inactives out there!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 08:35AM

Those missionaries better have a plan "B," or they're not going to get fed.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 01:02AM

Nothing like getting a two-fer for TSCC. Torture/punish inactives while torturing missionaries at the same time when their dinner invite turns out to be a no show. Mormon leadership is awesome.

Posted by: sonofabish ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 09:37AM

Is this a church wide thing or just these mishies? I always found eating with an inactive member to be a bit unsettling myself as a missionary.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 11:02AM

Sounds like a just a local thing.

These cunning plans and policies have been around for decades and they just get recycled in each ward every few years to try and make the leaders think they are actually doing something to make a difference.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 12:50PM

RE: assignment to feed missionaries

1.If I invite someone to have dinner at my house/private residence I do so at my convenience.

2.Nobody ORDERS me to feed anybody!

IMHO this is just another move toward total mind control and I'll pass thank you!

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 01:06PM

Cocktails promptly at 6:00!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 01:14PM

About dinners for missionaries -- I remember a calendar being passed in RS etc. for members to sign up to feed them. We were supposed to have an investigator also.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 01:16PM

We didn't "assign" families to feed the missionaries but we pretty much did. In Ward Council we would find a a couple of families who were missionary friendly then the RS president would casually call, tell them we were filling up the month for missionaries dinners and if they'd like to help out. And there you have it, the big missionary moment.

I'm embarrassed to say I did some of those calls myself at some point. But yeah it's been done here in Southern Ontario, Canada, for some years now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.