Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 01:31PM

Found out this morning that my daughter who will be in college relatively soon in the future was talking to her cousin recently.

This cousin was obese in high school and lost tons of weight the end of her senior year. My daughter isn't but has been losing weight and we are ecstatic.

So, it appears her cousin was going for and got an MRS Degree. She got married last summer at the end of her freshman year.

Well, these cousins were talking and my daughter was telling her about her college plans. This cousin had thought my daughter was following the same trajectory she had. These people live in Happy Valley.

It amazes me how open the Mormons in Utah are about how they are. It was a no brainer that a young woman goes to college to secure a man, and not a career.

And the icing on the cake? Apparently, the cousin and her husband have started gaining weight. This young woman's mother even mentioned it and said that it didn't matter, because she was now married.

Really? Don't Mormons have scripture about being healthy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 01:40PM

There is nothing wrong with an MRS as long as you get a useful actual degree in conjuction. Getting it (the actual degree) first is better and marry AFTER graduation. It is possible to do both. But the emphasis should be on the career degree not the MRS. Then again I think you should work a few years before kids so you are better off financailly when you add more mouths to feed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 01:45PM by shortbobgirl.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 02:23PM

shortbobgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is nothing wrong with an MRS as long as you
> get a useful actual degree in conjuction.

There are a lot of things that could be said about this that have nothing to do with marrying. I'm not bagging on getting married in college, just thinking that is the point of it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 01:42PM

Yes, the new couple will likely "let themselves go" and be unhealthy, because they no longer need to pretend to have decent health habits to catch a worthy mate.
Until there are problems in the marriage, of course.
Then one of them (or both?) will blame the problems on the other one letting themselves go. And neither will see the same behavior in their own attitude.
Round and round we go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.