Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 07:18AM

I did two stints as Primary secretary. Every quarter I tallied up the number of children attending, not attending, activity days that were held, and In service mtgs. These numbers went to the Stake Primary presidency so they could see how we were doing in the ward. I regret the amount of time I was involved in this kind of obsessive record keeping. Obsessive is the key word. If they can make you think that numbers are very, very important, then everyone on board works harder to increase the freakin' NUMBERS. Kind of like a company involved in sales.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 07:46AM

It is not "kind of like a company involved in sales". It IS a company involved in sales. They are selling spiritual snake oil for a stiff price. They are organized as a MLM. Your principle job as a Mormon is to create more Mormons, either by conversion through the missionary program, or by raising up children in righteousness, a loaded phrase meaning you saw to it they were properly brainwashed to be Mormons.

You will note that the majority of GC talks are about how to be a good Mormon, not how to be a good person. You must support the organization. The greatest sin is to make the organization look bad. The reason for collecting all the numbers is to see how well the organization is doing.

I usually refer to it as "LDS Inc" for good reason. It is both literally and operationally a corporation. A conglomerate of corporations, in fact.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 11:19AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote, in part:
-------------------------------------------------------

>> I usually refer to it as "LD$ Inc"<<

There. I fixed it for you.
You'll get my bill in the mail.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 01:26PM

However, in the real world numbers don't matter. People DO!

again IMHO

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.