Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 04:47PM

When I found out about MMM I remembered reading that William named his first son William Dame after his stake president. When I read John D. Lee's testimony William Dame's name was mentioned. William LeFevre adopted two Native American girls and knew their languages. I can't remember but weren't the people who committed the atrocities were dressed as Indians? Also, in his obituary William LeFevre was praised for fighting in the Indian Wars so he wasn't opposed to blood shed. William has a journal owned by TSCC and there are no entries for September 11th. The final thing that made me wonder was a New York Times article on the capture of John D. Lee mentions Tom LeFevre, William's nephew. What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 04:49PM by brandywine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 11, 2015 04:48PM

I hope not but it doesn't look good.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 04:58PM

I've been trying to figure that out for years.
William was part of the "Nauvoo Legion," the quasi-military group from Parowan; he served as a "guard" at Creek Canyon, and the job entailed watching for "injuns" AND federal troops/outsider settlers. He was a member of the "school of the prophets."

He was in the right place at the right time, and in all the right organizations. I just can't find anything that ties him personally to it, though I suspect he may have been involved.

Date: August 11, 2015 05:08PM

I didn't know any of the other! I actually talked about him for a Pioneer Sacrament Meeting. Now it makes me sad to think my ancestor could have been a murderer.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 05:18PM

This probably isn't much consolation, but all of us have ancestors who were murderers. (if you go back far enough).

Humanity has been pretty rough on one another over the tens of thousands of years....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 05:19PM by hopefulhusband.

Date: August 11, 2015 05:21PM

Yeah but this was a massacre of innocent civilians. I just need to remember that my family and I are out and even some distant cousins are too. :)

Date: August 11, 2015 07:20PM

We're not responsible for his actions. Of course, I would like to be able to know one way or the other.

And it's *great* to know one of my distant cousins is also out!

Date: August 11, 2015 07:25PM

No, we aren't. My brother is out too. Actually, there are a few of my cousins on the LeFevre side that are out too.

Date: August 11, 2015 07:42PM

Great!
My sister is out, but otherwise it's slim pickens. All of my living aunts/uncles on that side are still in, as are all of their children (my 1st cousins). And as far as I know, all of THEIR children. My sis and I are the black sheep :(

Date: August 11, 2015 07:53PM

Well now you know some other family that are out. I think it would be sweet revenge if every single LeFevre left.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.