Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 06:04PM

They said they were closing it a year ago - September 24, 2014.

"Mormon church’s History Museum closing for a year"

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58450303-78/museum-church-mormon-smith.html.csp

"The LDS Museum prepares to close on Oct. 6, for renovations over the next year. When it reopens before next year's Fall Conference it will include a broader message about Jesus Christ along with more details and stories and artifacts from their collections that have not been on display."

Dang, I should have gone last year so it would be obvious to see how new and improved it will be, with all the different stuff (Jesus, rock, etc.) when it reopens.

Was their previous message about Jesus Christ not broad enough?

Will the 'rock' be there?

What else?

Any word on when it is reopening?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 06:24PM

Is this the museum that had the amazing polygamy family tree paintings hanging up? Also gruesome 19th century obstetrical instruments, I remember them because I was pregnant when I visited that museum many years ago. It was not on Temple Square.
This was also back in the day (early 70s) when they told the truth about all Brigham's wives living there with him. I heard they do not do that any more.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 10:58PM

Could you be thinking of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum?

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 09:39PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 10:08PM

Why can't they just do a museum?

Why must it be a jeebus sales center?

What's so wrong about showing JS lube bucket, Brigham's wife stick, Eliza Snow's big assed panties, Boyd's jizz rag showing "bobby" embroidered on it, and Camilla Kimball's strap on?

The morg is so sex obsessed, it would be far closer to the truth.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 01:38AM

It is true. There has never been a religion (using the term extremely loosly) so obsessed with the female genitals (especially if the females are less than 15 years old.

I often refer to the CULT as the CU*T CULT.

Posted by: BG -not logged in ( )
Date: August 12, 2015 11:05PM

It's going to be full of high tech interactive displays that unroll the early history of the church according to the current script the historical department is trying to weave in the anonymous essays. It will have artifacts and multimedia displays. They are spending a lot of money on this to create a heartsell moment. The second floor is going to be pretty much as it is now.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 01:27AM

Check out the museum of Wilford Wood in Woods Cross, Utah. Lots of fascinating objects that the church was throwing into the trash. Bro. Wood snatched them up. Then the church told Wood that he was an apostate when the church decided it wanted them back and he refused.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 01:36AM

Sheesh! I bet the church plays golf with 16 clubs AND a foot wedge...

And we all know it would be like that guy who says he got a bogie, but when you count his shots with him, it was a double, and he say, "Oh, yeah, I forgot that shot..."

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 10:16AM

Wouldn't you know tscc would try to double-cross Wood from Woods Cross!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 13, 2015 10:41AM

Not quite on topic but,

I told my MIL after I had lost my belief and she told me that her testimony was evidence that BOM events were real,

that I would go back to the church the day the church opened the Natural Museum of Jaradite, Nephite and Lamanite History.

In Mormonism that museum is called "Deseret Books".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.