Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 04:15PM

Is it just me or is the morg leadership thinks that rank and file members/ peons shouldn't know about this!??? Since they told the news media, shouldn't they told their members and missionaries at church that same week!!??? It's been 2 weeks since the morg news conference over the peep stone... The morg leadership silence is speaking volumes about this mess....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 05:03PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 05:13PM

Been a long time since I was in a sac meeting, but I don't recall a, "...and now it's time for breaking church news..." portion of the proceedings.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 05:32PM

Isn't that what the letters being read in SM were?

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 06:21PM

The they recently read over the pulpit was over the Supreme court's SSM. Nothing has been told to the sheep over the peep stone. Not even in Priesthood meetings like Elders

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 07:50PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Been a long time since I was in a sac meeting, but
> I don't recall a, "...and now it's time for
> breaking church news..." portion of the
> proceedings.

I do, and I CAN remember exactly what the current MORmON news announcement was about, because I quit THE cult soon after that.

LD$ Inc MORmON first pres issued a Utah zion wide call to arms for MORmON members to staff the 2002 MO'lympics on a volunteer basis, saving the cash strapped MO'lympics.

Mittens Rmoney did not save the MO'lympics. That was an LD$ Inc PR creation. The person who saved the MO'lympics (by issuing that letter) was the same person who was ultimately responsible for getting the Olympics to come to Utah = Gordon BS Hinckley.

I am betting that similar such MORmON current affairs announcements were made in MORmON sackerment meetings in California over the Cal prop 8 deal. (Some one from Cal back me up on this)

REMEMBER when it suits LDS Inc there is no limit to how much and where the announcements can be made, and when it does not suit LDS INc then.... well, you know (Keep your mouths shut!!!!)

and LD$ Inc does not do politics, just ask PRofit Gordon BS Hinckley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsi-r1amY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbX61szWBQo

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 05:34PM

Nope.
They're back to their old ways.
It wouldn't surprise me if they started denying they ever said anything about a magic rock.
I know they're "on the record" as having mentioned it---but facts never stopped their previous denials...

Posted by: topped ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 07:21PM

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 09:07PM

No need to announce it; most people read the church news in the church magazines, etc. (or national news) about it or hear it from some member at church who does. I also don't recall there being any "now for the latest news about the church" moments in any of the meetings.

Posted by: upThink ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 09:31PM

I totally agree.

If this stone was, in fact, used in the 'translation' of the BoM, then this public reveal should be as exciting to Mormons as actual photographs of the Liahona or some other sacred/magic artifact.

That no one is talking about it shows just how embarrassed and awkward everyone feels about it... imho

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:37PM

Good point. If it wasn't so embarrassing, members would be talking about it nonstop, wanting to see it in a museum, etc... Nobody wants to talk about it because, even if only subconsciously, everyone knows it's BS.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 09:35PM

+1. You would think that next years Primary Program would be centered on the peepstone and a new hymn would be written about the great reveal. That's when you know it is CRAZY because no one wants to talk about it.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 02:44AM

Well guess what our priesthood was on? ...
The gays again. (for like the 40th time in a row) it was reported to me that the old men in my ward are very very upset that they are being attacked by the gays and all that jazz.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:05PM

Ours was being good fathers from whatever lesson number it was from the manual. As if the morg knows anything about parenting and today's families in our current climate!

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 01:27PM

Didn't the press say there was to be an up coming Ensign issue about the rock in the hat. All I remember being taught was that JS used the Urim and Thummim to do the BoM translation. The LDS.org Bible Dictionary still states that he used the ones belonging to the brother of Jared, Mahonri Moriancumer. It's true they don't have all their s#!t together on this bit of new church enlightenment.

Posted by: tornadus ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 03:36PM

It's in Reuters:

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2015/08/05/photos-of-mormon-church-founders-seer-stone-seen-for-first-time/

It really pisses me off that I was taught it was some weird glasses called the Urim and Thummim that had been taken back by the angel. Apparently the peep stone could be left behind for the world to gawk at? How can they just rewrite history? All those years they denied the peep stone and hat routine! Grrrr!! :<

Date: August 17, 2015 05:05PM

It's going to be shown in the October Ensign.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/10/joseph-the-seer?lang=eng

Date: August 17, 2015 05:17PM

Won't it be already too late since the damage is already done!???

Date: August 17, 2015 05:31PM

It's already been in the news (including Deseret news)and other news articles about the Joseph Smith papers. Why would you say it is too late?

Date: August 17, 2015 06:36PM

Because the of recent threads on morg member and attendance afterwards. Another thread had a Gospel Doctrine teacher begging for members to stay in the ward. My thread about General Stake Priesthood meeting last night.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.