Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 12:07PM

I normally wouldn't waste any time on such absurd junk on analog. But this kinda made me chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7amUCHZQjk

I don't believe those limeys would berate young Elder Gordie in that way. They'd say something like, "You foolish wanker! We want to know where Kolob is.". Always a persecution complex featured in these fawning biographies.

I am waiting with bated breath for the newest film documentary on the Amazing Life of Doc Nelson - heart surgeon, prophet, seer, and all-around good guy!

Gordie's stories are soooooo inspirational! Even hearing his voice gives me goosebumps!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 12:19PM

A giant, I tell you!

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 12:22PM

In 20 years, he will be as forgotten even among Mormons as Harold B. Lee or Ezra Taft Benson.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 01:43PM

Hey I remember those names. They were prophets while I was still a member. It's all these new names that of I know nothing. Twenty years of no contact will do that to you.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 12:28PM

Is this a case of "my prophet is bigger than yours -- he's a giant among men?" ;-)

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 12:43PM

But how big is be compared to other self-proclaimed prophets? At least he was real, unlike the weird thread measuring invisible gods.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 01:14PM

Well,, how GIANT was he anyway? I'm being serious - anyone know his approx. height? It seemed from TV etc. he was not all that tall.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:17PM

But he built such tall temples, all by himself!

Doesn't that count for anything?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 08:22PM

I'm a short guy, and the two times I met him, I looked down on him (back then, literally--now, figuratively).

Posted by: wondercat ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 08:39PM

Crispingpin wrote:

I'm a short guy, and the two times I met him, I looked down on him (back then, literally--now, figuratively).

-----------
Me too. I'm a 5' 7" female who wore 2 1/2" heels and looked quite a few inches down on him back in the late 1980s!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 01:17PM

he is a giant among microbes.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 01:56PM

leave it to living scriptures to make such a tear jerking, touching eulogized tribute. We've been so blessed!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 03:49PM

A lot of people do not realize the incredible capabilities of seer stones, especially Joseph Smith's seer stone. Just as Joseph demonstrated in translating the Golden Plates, his seer stone could remotely view the plates even as the plates were at another location and NOT immediately present. Even less known and even more amazing is the fact that the magic seer stone itself can be remotely viewed. With that in mind, by remotely viewing it, I used the Joseph Smith magic seer stone to translate the video in the link that you provided. Then I stored and then uploaded the seer stone translated version of the Gordon Hinckley video. The result is truly wonderful and transcendent. We desire all to receive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzuT-C_aKAo

Date: August 17, 2015 05:56PM

LOL, that was quick!

Do you have your own channel?

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 08:14PM

Brilliant!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.