Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:28AM

One of the new Institute classes is called "The foundation of restoration"
I just went trough the Manual because I was curious how they can extend it over 28 lessons.
Now first I was surprised that it reference to the essays in topics like First Vision or Plural marriage. But then tries to dissolve all doubts for the rest of the lesson.
And so it goes actually through the whole manual. Calling out issues and trying to dissolve them "to strenghten the testimony".

But you must be very brainwashed to oversee their tactics. I can't imagine one teacher, who goes trough it and still have a testimony (or even a stronger one) even if he was a TBM... (there is no student manual available) and help his students to grow a testimony and dissolve any doubts.
If I still had a testimony or was a TBM, this year would leave me with the biggest and most serious cracks in my shelf instad of answers.
I hope it'll backfire on TSCC that way.
They are recently working hard on scaring away the youth, instead of keeping and bounding them. I like it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 11:05AM

newnameabigail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't imagine one teacher, who goes
> trough it and still have a testimony (or even a
> stronger one) even if he was a TBM...

I can, because I know one. My TBM brother. Who is an institute teacher, and was just spouting some of that nonsense at "Education Week." I can't believe how this otherwise intelligent, reasonable person compartmentalizes such BS...but he does. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.