Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 04:07PM

"Dearest, Family/Friends

This week has been very difficult for Elder [Name Withheld] and I. We has nine very solid appointment lined up but every one of them fell through. I was a bit frustrating for us but we got through it. My bike developed a flat on Thursday, so i bought i new tire. Then on Friday we bike about Thirty miles. It was very heard. On Saturday when i went to my bike i found out that yet again i got another flat on the same tire. I patched it up. It was raining on Saturday so we decided to walk instead. We walked for about a grand total of about 6 or 7 hours. Like i said this week was a bit difficult. A good thing that happened the [Name Withheld] family came to church. I hope that this week is going to be better then last week.
Sunday Morning(before church)
A investigator invited us to his church, so we decided that we were going to go. When we got there we discovered that it is similar to our church. They did stuff very interestingly. Well, First of all, I found out that our investigator is a [Title Withheld] for his church. We did not know that before we came. The church sang a lot of songs in a row which made every one very tired. The Sermon was okey but you could tell that it was missing the priesthood/Holy Ghost. After we were done the investigator told us that he would like to come to our church next week. In [Place Withheld] There is so many Different churches and so many different beliefs but The people are still very nice.
I Hope that y'all have a great week! Have a great School year! No one can say a mission is easy but they all say it is worth it.

Sincerely your Friend,

Elder [Name Withheld]"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 04:15PM

"they all say"??? What say YOU, nephew?

This sounds like torture to me

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 04:47PM

I remember "hard" weeks, nobody interested, the same old grind, bikes breaking down, etc. It gets old. I feel for the kid.

I know this has been mentioned before, but oh my this kid needs to learn to spell :(

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:56PM

And if a person cannot learn to spell, he should learn humility and hearken unto the counsel of the spellchecker. But they who proofread not and scorn grammar shall be cast out in the great and terrible day of the job interview.

This missionary cracks me up.

Nine very solid appointments that all fell through! I am skeptical about their solidity.

The other church was very similar to the LDS church except practically everything was different. Say what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2015 05:57PM by Heretic 2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.