Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: questioner1950 ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:12PM

I'm new to this forum even though I resigned over a year ago. As my name indicates, I was born in 1950 and was associated with the mormon church until 2014.

In researching the second anointing ordinance I've concluded that those who have been through this are guaranteed a place in the highest part of the celestial kingdom. Along with this research I've found references that those who receive this ordinance become gods when they die. But if their judgment is already finalized then they are basically gods right now. Is this true? And is this why the general authorities come off as so superior and condescending? The idea that humans can become gods is reprehensible to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mickeymousemormon ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:22PM

I'm not sure they think they are Gods as human, but I think you are correct with their arrogance and acts of superiority due to the second anointing. I believe that's why Gordo lied on national TV and why a lot of the leaders do what they do. The second anointing was one of the reasons I left as it sets a dangerous precedent when man thinks he can do anything because his calling and election has been made sure. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I remember when Monson took the reins as Dear Leader and stood at the pulpit at conference and looked out over the congregation. It was such a look of triumph and total ownership as he looked out over "his" church. I used to like Monson, but that day I saw him for what he truly was and I believe the second anointing played a large part.

Posted by: DR B. BUZZARD BAIT ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:26PM

THE LDS SECOND ANOINTING CANNOT MAKE A PERSON A GOD. THE REASON IS THAT THIS TYPE OF ACTION IS THE SAME AS ORDERING GOD TO ACCEPT AN INDIVIDUAL AS A GOD WITHOUT HIS VOTE! THE LDS CHURCH IS NOT ABOVE GOD. ANY ACTION TO EXERT THEIR SO SO CALLED AUTHORITY ABOVE GOD IS AN ACT ONLY SATAN WOULD TRY. KEEP THIS IN MIND! I KNOW WHAT AUTHORITY IS AND THEY DO NOT HAVE IT!

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:38PM

Tom Phillips explains his second anointing thoroughly. His story is available on Mormonthink and Mormon Stories, and I'm sure elsewhere.

The way I understood the language is that in the first endowment, men are prepared to become "kings and priests" in the future; in the second anointing, they become "kings and priests" in the present. If they are to advance to something like godhood, that would still happen in the next life or after the second coming. Please note, I am in no way saying this is reality.

There is something about only murder or denying the holy ghost would undo this, but there also seems to be an assumption that someone so very holy would not want to sin anyway. I don't think it's treated as an opportunity to become a bad person with impunity. Of course, individual results may vary

Of course this is crazy and potentially dangerous, but that's the idea.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 08:00AM

Remember me when you're cobbling together your new world, Tom! I want to be among friends. I got skills. Lots of them. I can make stuff from wood, for example. Don't forget!

Posted by: unbelievable ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 08:52AM

Isn't one of the morg's doctrines that the reason why Heavenly Father booted Lucifer and 1/3 of His children from CK is because Lucifer wanted to become as Heavenly Father and sit on his throne?

The second anointing is Satanic in every way. To me it also comes across as a membership ritual and rites of passage into a Loyalty Club. The morg wants this type of emotional insurance so they can count on getting tithes and offerings from these wealthy people for life and from their estate. It is always about the money.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:57AM

Glad you are out...now you can enjoy your retirement (if you are retired). Yes, this is why in my opinion, most of the general leadership give an aura of superiority, arrogance, etc. Many of the local leadership do to. I speculate that more and more local leadership receive this 2nd endowment. Many local leadership are arrogant sons of b's. Mormons are truly nucking futz. 2nd anointer walks around thinking he's going to be a God? Really. How utterly nauseating.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.