Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 08:35PM

The two men who found it followed the directions on a map left by one of the people who hid the train 70 years ago. The map was passed on the man's deathbed. Polish authorities aren't saying how the two men (a German national and a Pole,) came to receive the map.

What happens to the booty? Will there be claims to repatriate the stolen goods to their rightful owners &/or descendants?

The two men will receive a "finder's fee" of 10% of the value of the contents worth. Considering the cars are filled with stolen gold, valuable art, and money, that well may add up to a considerable sum.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/polands-nazi-gold-train-hunters-used-70-year-old-map-n417701

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 08:41PM

IMO, it should all go back to the rightful owners or their descendants. I don't know why there would even be a question about that. It was stolen.

If they can't find the people, or there are none living, it should go back to the country it came from and either go into a museum that tells the true history, or to the future education of children in that country.

Date: August 28, 2015 08:47PM

You're absolutely right on that.

What the governments tend to do is to hoard it for their own use, until or unless some descendants of the rightful heirs step up to contest the ownership.

Woman In Gold movie portrayed the court case of a Jewish woman who fought successfully to repatriate a stolen artwork that Austria kept in one of its museums as a main attraction. Austria was prepared to fight her tooth and nail, but her gravelly attorney prevailed when he was able to bring her case to US courts and successfully won on appeal.

Her one piece of art was valued at something like $135,000,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrait_of_Adele_Bloch-Bauer_I

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 08:54PM

It makes sense to me that Thomas S. Monson, ghawd's one true prophet, should be given the booty, so that ghawd's work can proceed and be enhanced. Since everything belongs to ghawd anyway, Tommy, as ghawd's representative on earth, is best equipped to deal with it.

I feel this decision is correct; my bosom burns with certainty.

Date: August 28, 2015 09:14PM

I'm sure Tommy would sing anyone's praises for being so duly devoted.

All the way to Zion's Bank!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 10:34PM

Monuments Men!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 28, 2015 10:49PM

how much of that gold was teeth from jews ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.