Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 12:32AM

Ancient Aliens on Friday tried to use the Mormon teaching of Kolob as evidence that humanity is from another planet and that humanity was brought to earth by Aliens (a.k.a. Gods).

The Mormon teaching of Kolob and exaltation to Godhood is like a UFO Cult (Scientology for example). The parallels are so close that the Ancient Astronaut Theorists are trying to use it as evidence for their theories.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 12:40AM

Gawd. Yearggh.

The same writers asked if Joseph Smith received the Book of Mormon from aliens. Even though it reflects an inaccurate 19th-century understanding of the world and was obviously cribbed from other sources, it supposedly represents ancient alien wisdom.

I often wonder if this show was created to identify gullible households via cable-TV data and sell the lists to sleazy marketers. You know, people with no critical thinking skills but enough cash to pay for cable.

I lose respect for people who watch these shows pretty quickly. I also cannot comprehend why anyone would waste hours watching a camera crew bumble around in the woods not finding Bigfoot.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 01:24AM

I'd rather rather have "Searching for Bigfoot" or "Ancient Aliens" than all of these new Medium Shows. The Teresa Caputos, John Edwards, and now this new College Student (I forget her name) medium are worse.

Yet I agree with you on how Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Bigfoot, Aliens, etc... are just the new "Weekly World News". As long as people take it in fun, okay. But the medium crap has to stop because it harms those that are looking for dead ancestors and loved ones and don't hear from them.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 01:28AM

This is part of B.Y.'s Adam/God Theory and also part of Joseph Smith's King Follett discourses.

This is just a retelling/re-configuration Cannanite religion story of the creation and of the Elohim & Astarte (Asherah) story of the beginning.

All it says is that all matter is eternal, therefore physical beings had to come to Earth and populate the planet. In the Mormon case, Adam and Eve.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 12:52AM

First - the History Channel can't find enough actual history to make an hour long program?

Secondly - most of those guys don't know enough to properly pronounce the words they use, making me think that they do not have any kind of education but just read a couple of books. "Scythe" pronounced "sith" comes to mind.

Thirdly - their evidence is always ambiguous and often indiscernible.

Fourthly - "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" is just some guy with a relative at the History Channel.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 30, 2015 01:17AM

Television puts me to sleep and I wake up with these on.

Green light and creepy music. That's the whole show.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.