Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: henryj80 ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 05:44PM

I've often wondered by Mormons think sports is such a great missionary tool.

I want to ask them if they ever considered listening to Oral Robert's message when ORU had a decent basketball team. It just doesn't make sense to me, but then a lot of things don't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 06:18PM

They want life to be like the family TV shows from the 70s, complete with lovely male bonding moments where one wise big brother or fatherly type enlightens another and the chorus swells as he convert to the new, wholesome way of thinking suddenly has all his problems solved and life is just so gosh doggin sweet.

Similar touching moments occur between chaste matrons and foolish young headstrong girls over appropriate feminine activities...sewing Liza Jane's dress for the church social,or baking pies while happily minding the younguns, who never get snotty noses and sticky fingers and who wouldn't dream of throwing a tantrum. I always KNEW when I was a target of such happy homemaking/reform the heretical whore activities by all the sisters fighting over whether I should peel apples or hold their babies.

It's all such a sad attempt at making life into a Waltons episode that it makes me want to barf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.