Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 12:19AM

According to most studies the total number of people who have ever lived on earth is somewhere around 107 Billion people. So let's be really generous and say 25 million of those have been members of the TSCC. That means only .023% of people who have ever walked this earth have the had the opportunity to be a part of the only valid path to salvation. God works in REALLY mysterious ways doesn't he?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 12:24AM

I think most people born on this earth probably died before the age of 8 right? Just think of all those who died shortly after birth.

So they died before the age of accountability using Mormon lingo. No need for temples, most people have already been saved in the celestial kingdom.

Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 12:47AM

A question may be asked—"Will mothers have their children in eternity?" Yes! yes! Mothers, you shall have your children; for they shall have eternal life; for their debt is paid. There is no damnation awaits them, for they are in the spirit. But as the child dies, so shall it rise from the dead, and be for ever living in the learning of God. It will never grow: it will still be the child, in the same precise form as it appeared before it died out of its mother's arms, but possessing all the intelligence of a God. Children dwell in the mansions of glory and exercise power, but appear in the same form as when on earth. Eternity is full of thrones, upon which dwell thousands of children reigning on thrones of glory, with not one cubit added to their stature"
JD 6:10, Joseph Smith, April 6, 1844

So what was the purpose of them being born at all? So one would have to assume WAY more children die before the age of eight than people worthy of the highest exaltation. So it stands to reason that most Gods are children and infants. Complete and utter nonsense.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 01:59AM

I am one damned unlucky son of a gun. My idiot father told me how blessed I was to be BIC while his right hand slapped at me and his left hand hid his money.

He always reminded me of that Beatles lyric: "Lying to your face while his hands are busy working overtime."

What are the odds that the glory of God shines right out of my father's sphincter? He's a known dumbass who has to move every two years, because even the dull-witted people in local ward find him out. My addled mother admitted that by the time they were seventy, her and pops had moved thirty two times.

For my part, I went to eight different schools. Three different high schools. All because the old man got fired from every job he had, because he was righteous and superior to everyone else. Like Joe Smith, the "mob" was against him. As a child, I was chased out of more towns than a bank robber.

Some people have bad parents, I know. I'm one of them.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 01:57PM

It sounds like you could compete with Angela's Ashes and The Glass Castle...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.