Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 12:51AM

As a child...my Great Grandfather recounted to me a somber story from his Great-Great Grandfather of the often harrowing moments experienced by our family while trekking through known Indian Territory as they were coming West to populate various Mormon Settlements...oftentimes accompanied by the unnerving presence of Indian War Drums.

On one particularly treacherous stretch of the trail that was leading the handcart pioneers towards a narrow if not nearly impassable ravine...the Indian drums again seemingly surrounded them and reverberated against the canyon walls.

My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather at this instance leaned over in his saddle to his son (which would've been my Great-Great-Great Grandfather) and callously said, "My boy...I sure don't like the sound of those drums!"

Whereupon an Indian voice hollered out from somewhere deep in the forest proclaiming, "Sorry...he's not our regular drummer!"

###

Gotcha!!!

You bit that one hook, line and sinker...see how gullible you still are!

Well it coulda happened huh???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 05:27AM

I must have (indeed, I know I have) gullibility issues too!

Thanks for the giggle.

Posted by: now I walk with a limp ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 07:24AM

Thanks for causing me to spew coffee all over my monitor. You didn't just pull my leg, it is now dislocated. Lol. Thanks.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 01:46PM

sorry, I was still trying to figure out how many "greats" your great-grandpa's great-great-grandpa would have for you, and why your great-great-great-great-great-grandpa would be telling a story about his son when he wasn't apparently there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.