Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 06:01PM

URGH!

As many of you know, I'm considering furthering my education. One of the many things I am looking at is financial. When I told a friend (yes, she's TBM) about my financial desires, she asked me if I had considered, "Pathways"? I told her no. She then forwarded the link to the program.

It is so disgusting to me. Really... it's through BYU Idaho, and you have to apply through your local leaders - and meet weekly with a 'study group'. UH - NO!

But, this is what gets me right off:

"1. GET THE GOSPEL DOWN INTO STUDENTS' HEARTS

Students' testimonies will grow as they enjoy the fellowship of other LDS students and participate in courses taught within the framework of the gospel of Jesus Christ."

OMG! Nothing like shoving something down someone's throat! And admitting it without saying it in so many words! Testimony of what? I wouldn't be able to stomach that in the least.

Yeah, this is one that I thank my friend for the advice, but I am discarding this advice. NO, I will NOT be considering "Pathways".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 06:12PM

Community colleges are very accessible. They are affordable and have a wide variety of courses and programs. They often have arrangements with local four year colleges in terms of transferring credits. I've taken many courses through my local community college over the years. It's like a second home to me.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 06:19PM

Ugh. Lame. Sounds like a racket.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 07:43PM

If they didn't have the weekly required " study groups", maybe it wouldn't feel so much indoctrination!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.