Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 07:08PM

Not!

Well, okay. It's only been a couple months.

It was in late July that I had "that" conversation with my TBM wife, followed shortly thereafter by a visit from my Bishop, who assigned himself as our Home Teacher. He knows of my unbelief. This lead to a visit by the Stake President and an Area Seventy.

They've not returned (except the Bishop, to assist my FIL in giving my wife a blessing of healing). We've not received contact from any of the three (except as noted wrt my wife).

I feel sheepish (you know, the *one*, not of the ninety and nine).

How is it that I do not get pestered like many others?

Yeah, that was rhetorical! (Reflecting on my good fortune!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 07:36PM

They're waiting on God to move and stir your heart with the spirit and truth. So that you'll be returned to your pre-celestial state, and your faith will be set straight.

Not by man, but by God.

Once they realize that you're not submitting to God's will, then they may start tribunal proceedings.

They're giving your wife a blessing of healing, because you're the apostate, not her. They figure she's going to need it worse than you because the devil has his toehold in your heart now, and you've become a Son of Perdition.

Don't be surprised if your wife has a Plan B.

Now disregard everything I just said because I don't want to spoil your weekend. Only I wasn't joshing, because active members take us apostates decisions very seriously.

You might consider removing your name off the rolls before the subject of kangaroo court even comes up. That way you'll beat em to the punchline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 07:53PM by amyjo.

Posted by: topping ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 10:15PM

^^^^^^^^hiccup^^^^^^^^

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 10:23PM

Results may vary, depending on your individual situation. I got an invite via an email from the executive secretary to visit with the bishop a few months after disappearing from the halls of the church. I declined and haven't heard from them since. I suspect my wife has told them to leave me alone, bless her heart.

Posted by: truorderofawesome ( )
Date: September 25, 2015 10:35PM

With as many lawsuits for harassment as they've been theatened with, they probably are backing off a lot more.
I never have to worry, I'm an avowed apostate. :-) missionaries wrote my name down and everything.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 26, 2015 11:34AM

Maybe you said something that shook up their beliefs, and they have to stuff their own doubts back into the box before they come back.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 26, 2015 11:39AM

+1

Date: September 27, 2015 03:28PM

I can only hope.

Anyway, for the second time, ol' Bish called me learned and said I probably know more than he ever will. I told him thanks, but "learned" doesn't have a good connotation in the church. I chuckled. I then suggested he become familiar with the essays because I'm not going to be the only one he'll have to deal with on these issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 04:35PM by Bruce A Holt.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 27, 2015 03:58PM

I think this is the reason they are steering clear of you. You know the truth and they know the truth and you're in agreement. But they want to stay in the church and you don't. So, you're at an impasse.

Date: September 30, 2015 04:06PM

I say I'm in the seat of power.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 27, 2015 06:41PM

They hit you with the Bishop. They hit you with the Stake
President. They hit you with an Area Seventy. You held up
admirably under their barrage. They don't have anything more
to hit you with. If the Bp, SP and A70 can't make a dent then
the'd best not send some wet-behind-the-ears home teacher over
to you. You might convert HIM.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.