Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 02, 2015 11:38PM

http://www.amazon.com/The-American-Slave-Coast-Slave-Breeding/dp/1613748205

The assertion is made that the retelling of America's slavery history has been sanitized, which if true, would be startling, given how ugly that story is!

Here's a review, in which the case is made that the 2nd Amendment exists in the form that we know today so that armament would be available to slave owners so they could not only go after escaped slaves, but also be prepared to defend against slave uprising.

http://www.alternet.org/books/new-book-america-was-built-slavery-and-it-was-much-worse-you-might-imagine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 11:39PM by elderolddog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 02, 2015 11:44PM

Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that were one of the big reasons.

Fully supported and endorsed, of course, by mormons declaring blacks to have been non-valiant in the pre-existence, cursed in their earthly existence, and not capable of being anything but servants in the afterlife. Until 1978, of course :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 12:05AM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 12:33AM

Seems like a book I am gonna have to read---but not because I am looking forward to the experience... :(

It was tough enough to read A CROSS OF THORNS: The Enslavement of California's Indians by the Spanish Missions...

...and even tougher than A CROSS OF THORNS was HITLER'S WILLING EXECUTIONERS: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust (which made me realize that, like most Americans, I actually understood little about German history, regardless of what historical facts I "knew")...

...and if slave trade and slave breeding were the economic, political, and philosophical foundations of this country, then......

:( :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2015 01:43AM by tevai.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 10:58AM

"Hitlers Willing Executioners" was quite a mind-blowing and depressing book. Americans say things like "A man like Hitler never could have risen to power in America, and something like the Holocaust never could have happened in America." But I am not so sure. Under certain pressures and in certain circumstances, Americans have done evil things and could do them again. (The Native Americans might have a thing or two to say about holocausts on American soil.) We must remain vigilant.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.