Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nomorepowderedmilk ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 12:52PM

Hello All,

In my facebook feed there are arguments between those who think the church leadership should have chosen a non-white or non-American apostle and those who think God himself personally picked each person and the leadership had no power to pick someone else.

Are there any quotes or historical documents that show how they are actually chosen? Evidence that there is discussion or voting or anything like that?

Many people think Jesus appears and gives explicit directions to the prophet and apostles and the leadership does nothing to dispel those myths. Can anyone help me out with a quote or reference that could help clear up this misconception?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 01:07PM

nothing to mysterious, the Q12 rubs shoulders daily with many of the members of the Quorom of the Seventy. I imagine a short list of vetted Seventies plus a few favorites outside the Q70 is ready to go at a moments notice given the age of the Twelve.

I don't think Jesus is consulted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.